• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Adventure) A Merry Chase *Judge: Uriel

Kahuna Burger

First Post
The two guards inside the coach are elves. With the chaos, shrieking horses, etc, they are the only ones guaranteed to hear Zoe (and that won't be till her initiative, as running to the coach and getting into it was her surprise round partial action.) The guard to the rear of the coach on the ground is a human, the other human was put out by Seph's sleep spell. The coachmen are both elves and both up. One other elven guard on the outside of the coach is up and uninjured, the one on the other side who Rinaldo shot is quite unconsious.

Are my little drawings making it through? It seems they can take a few minutes to be available.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Velmont said:
OOC: If we number the guard like that
Code:
 1          R
   2 G 3
 4  Z
   5   6
            P
Where:
P = Persephone
Z = Zoe
R = Rinaldo
G = Girl

I want to know who is human and who is elven.

guard 1 is human, only active combatants were included on the chart. The two guards inside the coach weren't on the first chart cause no one could see them. Oh and the girl does appear elven as well.

Velmont

First Post
OOC: Your drawing are pretty usefull, the only confusing thing was all the guards was the same on the map, so just detail it with word, so we can know who is human and who is elf and who is hurt.

Rinaldo take the net and move closer to the front of the coach and throw the net at the two drivers.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Rinaldo's net entangles the coachman closer to him, he begins to sputter and try to fight free.

One of the guards in the coach draws his rapier and takes a stab at zoe, missing badly, while the princess grabs the arm of the other in a panic. (he is able to get his rapier free but not use it). The guard just outside the door jumps down from the coach and attempts to shoot zoe through the window, but fear of hitting his companions makes him aim high and miss.

OOC: 'seph is up next.

Manzanita

First Post
Persephon

"OK, here I am about to engage in arrow fire with an elf. How did I forget the messenger was an elf?"

Persephone casts mage armor upon herself.

Next round, if combat is continuing, she will fire her crossbow at an open elf guard.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
The awake human guard runs around the coach to see his companions and catches sight of Rinaldo as he finishes throwing the net. He kneels partially behind the horses (who are less panicked except for the one who is still pinned by the coach) and readies his crossbow.

OOC: thels, since your opponents are not flat footed, I'm not sure how to resolve an attempt at a threat. If you still want to, I would make an attack roll on the child (who has partial cover from the guard she is clinging to) and if it 'hits' say that you have your sword just barely touching the girl and can deal the damage as a readied action.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Kahuna Burger said:
The awake human guard runs around the coach to see his companions and catches sight of Rinaldo as he finishes throwing the net. He kneels partially behind the horses (who are less panicked except for the one who is still pinned by the coach) and readies his crossbow.

OOC: thels, since your opponents are not flat footed, I'm not sure how to resolve an attempt at a threat. If you still want to, I would make an attack roll on the child (who has partial cover from the guard she is clinging to) and if it 'hits' say that you have your sword just barely touching the girl and can deal the damage as a readied action.

Since the coachmen's actions won't be effected by zoe, I'll just post them now to move things along -

The netted coachman tries to get free of the net but remains hopelessly tangled, while his companion shoots at Rinaldo with his crossbow. The bolt shatters against the boulder Rinaldo is partially behind... back to the top after Zoe declares.

Thels

First Post
KB> Only if there's no chance to bring actual harm to the kid (including subdual). If there's a chance I might actually hit her, I'm just gonna stand in the middle, with my sword ready.

Remove ads