(Adventure) A Merry Chase *Judge: Uriel

Thels

First Post
OOC: Nothing about approval or disapproval... *sighs*

"That plan sounds fine with me," Zoe starts, "yet, I would prefer if we would have some backup, just in case. If we do not manage to stop the coach, the mission is pretty much a failure. Perhaps we can use something to block the road? Let us see..."

Zoe looks around for any trees or similar objects that could be used to block the road. In addition, she'll look where the road is the smallest and hardest to pass by, optionally at a position that's hard to spot until you're very close to it, such as just over a hill or around a corner.

OOC: What's the surrounding? Are there any trees? Would there be good places to hide? How hard would it be to ride other than on the road?

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
Persephone

"Good idea, Zoe!"

OOC: Glad you're still with us on this one Thels. We'll stay out of alignment trouble, I reckon. And it's for a good cause.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Thels said:
OOC: What's the surrounding? Are there any trees? Would there be good places to hide? How hard would it be to ride other than on the road?

The road in this area is winding between and in some areas literally carved out of the sharp cliffs and gullys. You can climb up over rocks or scrabble down the steep embankments to get off the road and out of sight (there are no trees as such, but bushes growing out of cracks in the rocks) but it would take an amazing horse to go off the beaten path here and a carriage would be impossible. In some places the road widens enough to allow a coach to pull off or turn around, but in others there is barely enough room for a large cart to fit between the cliff walls. According to Ronan's comments when you were traveling, the area is this treacherous for approximately 15 miles as the crow flies, and takes more than a day to navigate. Largeheaded brass spikes mark the road and effort has apparently taken to close off those gullies that peter out after a few hundred yards and clear rockfalls from the true road.

Thels

First Post
"Good," Zoe mentions after checking the surroundings, "If we can somehow block the road, there will be no way for them to pass us and ride on. So we just need a blockade. Bushes seem a little too light for that, while rocks might be a bit heavy to carry. Perhaps we could toss a few down on the road, but we probably want to pass ourselves later on."

Velmont

First Post
"Let's put enough rocks to stop the coach, but not too much, so they would think about taking another path if they send scout. It must be ok for the coach to think they can pass here and have time to get all the rocks out of the way. I think if we put between one and two feets of unstable rocks. It would be too risky for them to try to pass and have there horse hurt, and I don't even think they would be able to pull the coach over that."

Rinaldo look at the road.

"Here, that narrowing place, it would be perfect, we won't have to carry to much rocks, and they won't be able to easily turn back, and it is after a trun, so they won't see it from too far."

Manzanita

First Post
Persephone

Persephone will help roll the rocks down, although she's carefull not to get dirt on her cloak. "Oh, this will be a piece of cake with smart adventurers like you on the job!"

Velmont

First Post
"Sorry for breaking your illusion, but I don't think it will be one, even with a whole army backing us, or only the most prestigious spy, or any one else. We may have on our back, during the next two weeks, some of the most organised thieves or some spy of other kingdom on our backs. People with money and power backing them, and that will make the trip an uneasy one. Stay vigilant all the time."

While telling that, Rinaldo had start to carry rocks on the road.

"Is your owl smart enough to warn us if someone is coming, I don't want to fall on the wrong coach too."

Manzanita

First Post
Persephone

"Oh. Yes Fridly is very intelligent. Off you go frid-cakes. See if you see any horses and carriages. Or any ugly dangerous things while you're at it." She gives Fridly a jump start with her arm.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
After about an hour of scouting out the right twist in the road and carting rocks, Fridly swoops down onto Persephone's arm, nudges her head urgently and takes off again to the north. If the companions stop what they are doing and listen intently they can hear the faint sound of hoofbeats and creaking wheels.

Thels

First Post
"Right, this is it, it seems." Zoe grabs her symbol of hyrag and shoves it under her chain shirt. "We are going to hide until Persephone activates her magics, right?" Zoe looks around for a good spot to hide, from where she can quickly reach the road.

Remove ads