(Adventure) A Merry Chase *Judge: Uriel

Velmont

First Post
OOC: Thels (aka Zoe in LEW), seems still interested by the Monstery quest, so before continuing, I suggest to be sure Zoe will come, or I wouldn`t have agreed, as two person for a job seems not enough, and we have no warrior without her.
If Zoe goes for the monastery, we will just recruit one or two more people at the Inn and continue here.
Anyway, have the game been approved?

Thels

First Post
OOC: If this adventure get's approved, then I'm on it, I think. I like the adventure idea, but I gotta keep in mind Zoe's a paladin. Though the 'Good' part can defenitely be proven once we kidnap the 'princess', I got a little problem with the 'Lawful' part of it. I don't want to get an alignment shift out of this!

Last edited:

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Manzanita said:
"Wow. I like this. Hanging out with a princess and all. I'm a princess myself, actually, or...oops, I wasn't supposed to tell anyone that." Her voice drops to a whisper, and she spreads her fingers for emphasis, "Just forget I said that." She resumes normal conversation. "I can put people to sleep, too." She blushes slightly. "Magically, that is. So we can take care of some guards and pursuers that way. Now there a few things I don't understand. One, are we kidnapping the REAL princess? Or are you not going to tell us that? Next, do you have any suggestions as to what we should do for two weeks? A provision-stocked cave to hang out in? Are we supposed to wander the roads in our carriage for all that time?"

The elf smiles at the young woman's enthusiasm. "The girl you are 'capturing' is not a princess, though she has been raised to act as one, and it would be best if you treated her at all times as though she was Theila. Where you go for the two weeks is up to you, though remember that you will need to hold the attention of those who follow, so hiding yourselves too well would be just as bad as being captured. I recomend heading mostly north so as to stay in Earling territory - the king's decree will hold less weight if there is an incident outside his borders."

Ronan hands over the document for inspection by the companions and then produces some taveling bread and cheese. "We will be riding straight on till the earling border, stopping only to change horses - if you would like to make plans, or simply get some rest, I will not trouble you further unless you have more questions."

The Decree formalizes most of what Ronan has already explained to you, absolving those aiding the crown in this matter of a set of crimes for the time stated. Those crimes obviously include kidnapping, disboeying the orders of agents of the crown and resisting or escaping arrest by the king's gaurd, and also specificly list the death of a gaurd while resisting arrest, though not from ambush or by treachery. The companions are also not given any right to steal from or harm law abiding citizens of the realm, though they are granted hunters' privileges to use any neccassary force against enemies of the realm both domestic and foreign.

OOC: I was hoping by the time I got back someone would have responded to my orriginal request for approval on this game, I'm gonna go looking for a judge tommorrow...

Kahuna Burger

First Post
OOC: If the characters want to chitchat to get to know each other you can do that, or just give a general overview of your attitude and whatever you tell your companions about your abilities, and we can skip ahead to the earling border once I've had a go ahead from each character.

Manzanita

First Post
Persephone

"OK, so I'll use my sleep spell when in combat. Fridly can scout around and hopefully warn us of pursuers. Other fighting I"ll leave to you guys."

OOC: Did we get a map of Earling? If not, that would sure by useful.

Velmont

First Post
Let's start the formal presentation, in that case. My name is Rinaldo di Senzio. My business, in first place, is the trade of spices. I've travelled into many region to gather some stock and than sell it, but I am a small and independent merchant, and my profits are not really good. Last week, I stopped at the Red Dragon Inn. It was the first time I was dtopping there, and there was some jobs offered. So to allow me to have enough to pay my expense, I accept a job on the sideline, and so I join a group, which Zoe was in, and we travelled to a vinyard, where we got the first sight of savage orcs. Even if it was pretty painfull, there is some excitment I liked and I choose to continue with another job.

My skills are various, but we can regroup them into two group, bargaining and thievery. But don't make a mistake, I know many thieve's skill, but I don't use them for illegal use. You know, as we say, it's need a thief to catch a thief, and so I choose to learn about it to be sure I would not get too easily stolen. And as I said, I'm a merchant, which mean I must be at ease in social situation and must be convincing, so I can sell my stock. I can defend myself in combat too, but don't hope me to win against a good figther, I know one or two dirty trick that allow me to get rid of easy to down opponent, but a good figther will have the better of me.

I think that resume well who I am and what I can do.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
After a few days of hard driving on the part of the young coachman (who you gather to be both mute and deaf) you arrive at an area of sharp hills and twisted roads. Narrow embankments make the ride slower and more treacherous, and as evening falls, the coach comes to a halt.

"Our tiny little piece of the northern mountains, or whats left of it on this far side of Earling." Ronan says. On the rough map he spreads before you its clear what he means. What is known in the greater lands as the Northern mountains actually forms most of Earling's southern border. The largly impassable range dwindles to these merely annoying hills and gullys only to the most eastern side. Further on, they are cut by the mighty river which consitutes the state's eastern border and separates them from the Wilding Wood. Earling doesn't so much have a western border as it has a large contested region before the harsh desert where orcs, goblins and lawless nomads hold sway. To the north other city states hold their own land between the river and the desert, but Earling is the largest and taxes the easiest routes to the wider world and trade. "You can see that the Capital City [really the only true city] is roughly in the center of our land. You may choose the direction you feel most comfortable with, but try not to stray outside of our borders. I will leave you here with your supplies and my thanks. The decoy coach should pass here by morning, if all is going as scheduled. I will continue on as normal, and if I do not cross paths with them I will return and seek your aid in finding out what went wrong." He shakes each of yours hand in turn and helps you unload your belongings before disapearing again behind the heavy velvet curtains. The coachboy waves enthusiasticly and urges the horses on, leaving you in a light coating of dust...

Manzanita

First Post
Persephone

"OK. Let's make a plan. We can hide...where?"

"When the coach comes by, I'll cast a sleep spell on the guards. I can cast it three times, so hopefully I can get them all without anyone getting hurt. Rinaldo, perhaps you could jump up there & stop the horses, and Zoe could get in to the princess."

Remove ads