• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Adventure) A Merry Chase *Judge: Uriel

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Thels said:
KB> Only if there's no chance to bring actual harm to the kid (including subdual). If there's a chance I might actually hit her, I'm just gonna stand in the middle, with my sword ready.

yeah, you couldn't guarantee not doing her some injury, so I'm going to put you on total defense until your next initiative...

Rinaldo is next...

Velmont

First Post
"Sorry, but I don't want to be hurt."

As Rinaldo tell this, he load his crossbow and shoot at the free coachman. [Crossbow: Att:+3, Dam:1d8, Sneak:1d6 in 30' if it apply, Crit: 19-20/x2, all his damage are subdual because of the magic of the ring.]

Last edited:

Kahuna Burger

First Post
When Zoe pronounces her threat, the elves' eyes go wide. The one who had previously swung at at her points his rapier at the ground, though he doesn't drop it. The elf who had shot in the window clambers back up onto the roof, and Zoe thinks she hears the twank of his crossbow from up there. The last guard, however, narrows his eyes at the paladin and keeps his rapier up. Shoving the princess more firmly behind him he shouts "She's no good to you dead, and you'll have to kill me to take her at all!" ... The girl's panicked struggles prevent him from doing more than pushing her into place, but he seems prepared to strike Zoe as soon as he can.

Meanwhile, Rinaldo's second bolt has struck home. The shot is less dramatic, but the results just as good, as the coachman collapses. The guard on top of the coach takes a shot at Persephone, but the bolt misses by a wide margin. Being no fool, she pops up and takes a shot of her own, hitting a glancing blow to the arm. The human guard hiding behind the horses shoots presumedly at Rinaldo, but it doesn't even come close. The netted coachman seems to have managed to get himself even more entangled in his struggles...

OOC: And now to work, zoe's next

Velmont

First Post
Rinaldo will continue to shoot bolts at his opponents until no one can be seen or there is a sigh they have surrendered. The coachman in the net will be the last choice of target as long as he will be entangle in it. I will favor someone hurt to finsh him first.

[Crossbow: Att:+3, Dam:1d8, Sneak:1d6 in 30' if it apply, Crit: 19-20/x2, all his damage are subdual because of the magic of the ring.]

Thels

First Post
"If you insist. You don't seem to leave me a choice." Zoe will attack the guard holding the princess with the flat side of her blade.

OOC: Taking -4 to hit for subdual attack. I know I don't need that with the ring and all, but Zoe was never proved of it's effectiveness, and she won't let an innocent bodyguard be the victim of her own naiveness.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Thels said:
"If you insist. You don't seem to leave me a choice." Zoe will attack the guard holding the princess with the flat side of her blade.

OOC: Taking -4 to hit for subdual attack. I know I don't need that with the ring and all, but Zoe was never proved of it's effectiveness, and she won't let an innocent bodyguard be the victim of her own naiveness.

OOC: well, technicly, you have had the rings for at least a day of hard riding - nothing was stopping you from 'trying them out' on the trip... if you would like to retro an experiment, feel free.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Thels said:
OOC: Using it against a tree is something completely different from using it in the heat of battle.

OOC: *snicker* I was actually envisioning the paladin coup de gracing her own foot, but thats just me...

Zoe's attempt to cushion her blow makes it akward and the elf manages to deflect it with his buckler. Zoe thinks she sees a moment of strangly adult concern in the young girl's eyes, and the princess loosens up her grip on the guard, allowing him more freedom to attack. The guard lunges hard and seems almost surprized when his rapier scores a solid hit.
OOC: ye-ouch on the crit, 10 hp, good thing zoe's second level...
The second guard in the coach moves against the wall and readies his crossbow, leaving himself open for a glancing thwack from Zoe.

Outside the coach, Rinaldo has shot at the guard on the roof, but strikes only a minor hit. The guard returns fire but misses entirely, as does Persephone. The human guard misses as well, and the netted coachman gives up trying to free himself and rolls off the bench to land badly on the ground beside his human companion.

Remove ads