• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 3.5 Magic Item changes

Tharizdun

First Post
Technik4 said:
Does Adamantine do anything for a weapon? Like a +1 confusion enhancement for small weapons and a +2 confusion enhancement for large weapons?

Or did they just consolidate it to say that an adamantine weapon bypasses Adamantine DR?

What does mithril do for a weapon?

What are the rules for making a silver weapon?

Did portable hole change price?

Thanks for all the answers!

Technik

Adamantine weapons have a +1 enhancement bonus, but that's because all adamantine weapons are masterwork. Adamantine armor has a "natural" DR for light/medium/heavy that is 1/- 2/- 3/-
Adamantine weapons do bypass the hardness of all objects and weapons when sundering, ignoring any hardness less than 20

Mithral weapons are lighter by 50% if they are 100% made of metal. All mithral weapons are considered masterwork and therefore +1 enhancement bonus applies

portable hole is worth 20,000gp in 3.5

Last edited:

Blothar

First Post
Hey what about the way magic item powers are discovered? Is it easier for characters to "guess" an items power w/ detect magic? What about identify?

Limper

First Post
Why do I keep looking?

Its like a sore tooth I can't stop futzing with it but it hurts sooooooo much when I do.

Elder-Basilisk

First Post
Tharizdun said:
Adamantine weapons have a +1 enhancement bonus, but that's because all adamantine weapons are masterwork.

Is that an enhancement bonus that only applies to attack rolls or does it apply to damage as well?

If it applies to damage, that would seem to indicate a change in the masterwork rules.

Philip

Explorer
Elder-Basilisk said:

Is that an enhancement bonus that only applies to attack rolls or does it apply to damage as well?

If it applies to damage, that would seem to indicate a change in the masterwork rules.

Adamantine weapons are treated as automatic masterwork. They only give an enchancement bonus to hit, not to damage.

What about adamantine shields? Do they still exist and if so how are they priced?

Small and Large Shields are now Light and Heavy Shields. There is no explicit mention of the pricing of adamantine shields, but it soes say you can make them. I assume that a Light Shield will have the same cost modifier as Light Armor, same for a Heavy Shield.

Sejs

First Post
What about adamantine shields? Do they still exist and if so how are they priced?
Yes, and +3000gp over the price of the shield. I don't know if they provide DR (I'm guessing no), but they'll be damn hard to break, that's for sure. Something that'd be particularly handy for Tower Shields when you use it to get 100% cover and your shield ends up soaking all the damage for you.

If masterwork gives you the +1 enhancement bonus, as said by the poster...would that qualify for the adding of special abilities?
Probably not, same as how it works now.

Jhyrryl

First Post
Weapon Special Abilities

Thanks for the info on the wounding ability. Besides this and the change to Bane being a +1 modifier, are there any other significant changes to weapon special abilites?

Edit: And on a side note, after reading the change to hiding rules, what does it say about the ring of chameleon power?

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
Re: Weapon Special Abilities

Jhyrryl said:
Thanks for the info on the wounding ability. Besides this and the change to Bane being a +1 modifier, are there any other significant changes to weapon special abilites?

Wounding mentioned early; now a +2 enchantment, deals 1 point of Con damage. Very powerful, it´s now the Enchantment that Escales with Enemy. If two hits mean -2 con, it´s like adding a bonus to weapon damage equal to half the target´s HD.

Remove ads