• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 3.5 Magic Item changes

drnuncheon

Explorer
Speaks said:
2) Glove of Storing - 2200gp and used to allow according to the FAQ free action to retrieve or store an item. Did that change in 3.5?

It's a standard action to store (but a free action to retrieve) in 3.0, and I can't find any changes to that in the FAQ...

J

Jhyrryl

First Post
That's some wound.

...a weapon of wounding (which now causes CON loss)
Can you give us some more details on that? :) Sounds like they took a fairly weak ability and gave it some real muscle. Especially in the hands of a ginsu-fighter.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
It's a standard action to store (but a free action to retrieve) in 3.0, and I can't find any changes to that in the FAQ...

Going from memory, it's not in the FAQ but the DMG errata that it's a free action for either.

-Hyp.

Tharizdun

First Post
Philip said:
Cloak of Arachnida: gone up from 6,000 to 14,000 gp. Meaning we have another suddenly rich character in our Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil group.

Not in MY CAMPAIGN!!! Oh wait it IS my campaign--oh well, It could have him sell it cheaper, but it's only 4000 gp.. :p

Monk's Belt price up by 4k -- the wearer's AC and unarmed damage is treated as if a monk of +5 levels, plus one additional SFist per day if the wearer has the SF feat. (yes, Stunning fist is a feat that everyone can take)

Tharizdun

First Post
Re: That's some wound.

Jhyrryl said:

Can you give us some more details on that? :) Sounds like they took a fairly weak ability and gave it some real muscle. Especially in the hands of a ginsu-fighter.

Wounding a weapon of wounding deals 1 point of Con damage from blood loss when it hits a creature.
A critical hit does not multiply the Con damage. Creatures immune to critical hits are immune to con damage dealt by this weapon
Price: +2 bonus

Tharizdun

First Post
Speaks said:
Thanks for the info on the beads .. other questions:

1)Bags of Tricks in 3E
Gray - 900gp
Rust - 3000gp
Tan - 6300gp

2) Glove of Storing - 2200gp and used to allow according to the FAQ free action to retrieve or store an item. Did that change in 3.5?

3) Horseshoes of Speed - 3e 1900gp is it double movement or some set + to movement

4) Horseshoes of a Zephry - 3e 3000gp

5) I heard adamantine weapons changed to some degree as being able to bust through lots of DR and ignore some hardness. For an adamanitine weapons the cost +3000gp for (1d4,1d6) and +9000gp for (1d8,1d10,1d12). Have the cost changed for weapons?

Again thanks for fielding questions. In my area near washington DC we have to wait until the 18th for the books.

Speaks

B.o.T no changes except: warhorse --> Heavy warhorse

Glove of Storing 10,000 gp price(!) Storing/retrieving is a free action

Horseshoes of Speed 3,000 gp enhancement bonus to speed is +30 feet

Horseshoes of a Zephyr price 6000 gp

Adamantine I'll list the 3.5 cost modifier
Ammo +60gp
Light Armor +5000 gp
Medium Armor +10,000gp
Heavy Armor +15,000 gp
Weapon +3000 gp

Tharizdun

First Post
Hammer of Thunderbolts e.a

Hammer of Thunderbolts What Philp does not mention is that the weapon has a range of 30 feet, and it states nothing on the 180 feet it could be thrown in 3.0, so I assume it's maximum range is now down to 5 range increments... Also, the stun DC is up from 12 to 15

Necklace of Fireballs Does NOT "take up space" on the character's body

Last edited:

Philip

Explorer
Re: Re: That's some wound.

HEL Pit Fiend

I hope it's not the [3.0] version "Vestment of Faith", DR 5/+5, renamed to Mantle of Faith. One of my characters has one and he fights alot of outsider evil types ---> DR 5/evil would be a bad thing, bedy bedy baaaad

I am afraid so, Vestment of Faith is gone. Remember, only creatures with the 'evil' descriptor bypass the DR, not just any creature of evil alignment.

Speaks

Thanks for the info on the beads .. other questions:

1)Bags of Tricks in 3.5: no changes

2) Glove of Storing - price changed from 2,200 to 10,000 gp. still allows to store or retrieve an item as a free action.

3) Horseshoes of Speed - 3.5: +30 movement for 3,000 gp.

4) Horseshoes of a Zephry - 3.5e: raised from 3000 to 6,000 gp.

5) Cost of Adamantite items in 3.5:
Ammunition: +60 gp.
Light Armor: +5,000 gp.
Medium Armor: +10,000 gp.
Heavy Armor: +15,000 gp.
Weapon: +3,000 gp.

Tharizdun

First Post
Re: Re: Re: That's some wound.

Philip said:

I am afraid so, Vestment of Faith is gone. Remember, only creatures with the 'evil' descriptor bypass the DR, not just any creature of evil alignment.

1)Bags of Tricks in 3.5: no changes

2) Glove of Storing - price changed from 2,200 to 10,000 gp. still allows to store or retrieve an item as a free action.

3) Horseshoes of Speed - 3.5: +30 movement for 3,000 gp.

4) Horseshoes of a Zephry - 3.5e: raised from 3000 to 6,000 gp.

5) Cost of Adamantite items in 3.5:
Ammunition: +60 gp.
Light Armor: +5,000 gp.
Medium Armor: +10,000 gp.
Heavy Armor: +15,000 gp.
Weapon: +3,000 gp.

sleepyhead! I already posted that...but I'll leave you to it :)

Technik4

First Post
Does Adamantine do anything for a weapon? Like a +1 confusion enhancement for small weapons and a +2 confusion enhancement for large weapons?

Or did they just consolidate it to say that an adamantine weapon bypasses Adamantine DR?

What does mithril do for a weapon?

What are the rules for making a silver weapon?

Did portable hole change price?

Thanks for all the answers!

Technik

Remove ads