• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 3.5 Magic Item changes

Jhyrryl

First Post
More Hiding Related Item ?s

Edit: And on a side note, after reading the change to hiding rules, what does it say about the ring of chameleon power?
Also, what about the shadow, improved shadow, and greater shadow armor abilities? Cloak of elvenkind?

Sejs

First Post
Cloak of Elvenkind +5 competance bonus to hide (changed from circumstance).

Shadow/Improved Shadow/Greater Shadow armor qualities are (at a guess) +5/+10/+15 comp to hide.

Cayd

First Post
resizing

Olgar mentioned in his compilation that Magic Armor and Magic Weapons no longer resize to the user. Does this effect carry over to any other magic items (cloaks, rings, gloves, etc.)?

Tharizdun

First Post
Blothar said:
Hey what about the way magic item powers are discovered? Is it easier for characters to "guess" an items power w/ detect magic? What about identify?

I'll have to look that one up, I only have my MM with me right now. But I do know that the DMG lists the type of magic (transmutation, illusion, etc.)an item radiates and the power (feint, moderate, strong) in each item's description.

Remove ads