• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E What would you want to see in 4e?

Dark Jezter

First Post
Considering that I think D&D is pretty much perfect the way it is, I can honestly only think of a few things I'd like to see in the next edition:

I want to see a better definition of the law/chaos alignment axis. As a campaign goes on, it's usually pretty clear whether or not a character is behaving in a good or evil manner, but lawful and chaotic actions tend to be a lot harder to spot.

Find a way to make fighter/mages a fully playable and balanced multiclass mix. In 2e, fighter/mages were overpowered. In 3e, they're underpowered. I'd like to see a way to make this class combo a valid choice.

Additionally, find a way to make two-weapon fighting useful. In the current edition, only rogues really benefit from two-weapon fighting because it allows them to get in more sneak attacks. For all other classes, a two-handed weapon or one-handed weapon + shield is almost always a better choice.

Yep, those are pretty much the only things I'd change about the current edition. Definately not enough to create a whole new edition over. :)

Steverooo

First Post
Zendragon said:
A Ranger variant the did not cast spells. Give the player the option.

A Ranger variant that doesn't NEED spells! No Entangle spells? See my first post on Trap-setting rules. No Barkskin? Medium & Heavy Armour Proficiencies. No Cure _ Wounds? Some form of Herbal healing... Etc.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads