• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General What (in)famous D&D adventure sites exist in your homebrew?

Mercule

Adventurer
Ravenloft - I6.

It was a great fit for a character's backstory, and the campaign setting hadn't been released (or even conceived of AFAIK), so I let the PC reclaim his family's long-lost hold.

Later, I integrated the Ravenloft campaign setting (at least Barovia) because the PC who killed Strahd actually needed the advice of a noble who loved the land as much as he did, so he tried to summon Strahd's spirit.

Pbartender

First Post
All of the following have existed somewhere in every setting I've ever used...

• Hommlet
  • The Caves of Chaos and the Keep on the Borderlands
  • Saltmarsh, renamed "Salepaluda" (bad Italian for Saltmarsh) for my latest setting.
  • The Isle of Dread
  • The Barrier Peaks
  • The Tomb of Horrors
  • The Hidden Shrine of Tamoachan
  • The Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth
  • White Plume Mountain
  • Barovia and Castle Ravenloft
  • The Forbidden City

Lord Ipplepop

First Post
In my current "homebrew", I have incorporated:
Temple of Elemental Evil
Giants Series
Drow Series
Demonweb

The next "campaign" I am going to be running is Castle Greyhawk.

The next reason I am doing so is my current group is made up entirely of 3.x players. When I started talking about the Tomb of Horrors one night, they looked at me with glazed over eyes as if I was speaking in Aramaic. I mentioned such "classics" as Demonweb, and Slavers, and Giants... to no recognition at all. I decided to introduce them to the game's history. The reason I call it a homebrew is because I actually design and run my own "modules" in between to catch them up in levels and experience before attempting the next inline. Plus, I make the modules 3.5 honestly... by converting the module as it was originally written, and not downing it to 4 characters.

Orius

Legend
Does the Tomb of Horrors exist in your homebrewed world?

Yes. I also have Haranshire from Night Below, and the dungeons from the black box Basci game, but that's about it. I never bought many modules/adventures to begin with and I started much later than the golden age of the 1e/BD&D modules.

Beyond that, Tragidore. Seriously.

That is terrible.

Probably wasn't too much trouble.

Ouch. Bad pun.

Only thing I ever lifted from that particular "module" was the "vampire" bandits. And my players actually fell for the "magic item tax". :devil:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads