• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General What (in)famous D&D adventure sites exist in your homebrew?

S'mon

Legend
I'm using B & X modules in my current homebrew. Definitely included are:

B4 - the Lost City
B5 - the horrific Hill
B7 - Kota-Hutan and Grey Mountain Temple
X4 & X5 - the Master's Temple of Death
CM 1 -Norwold

I expect the Isle of Dread is in there too.

the Jester

Legend
At the least, my campaign world includes the Temple of Elemental Evil (& related), the Tomb of Horrors (and its associated stuff, up to the Fortress of Conclusion), Firestorm Peak, the Ghost Tower... hrrm, I'm sure that there are more. Not to mention that many more will come up eventually, as I have the chance to use them- I'm fairly sure the Forbidden City, White Plume Mountain, Lost Tamoachan and more are floating around my campaign world somewhere. ;)

Thasmodious

First Post
When I first built my homebrew years ago, it was after some time using FR as my campaign world. I had the Waterdeep and the North supplement, the Waterdeep boxed set (the one with the map of Waterdeep split over 12 poster sized maps), and the Undermountain boxed set. So I changed the names to protect the innocent and used Waterdeep as a coastal city in my homebrew, along with Skullport and the mega-dungeon.

Other than that, not much.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him) 🇺🇦🇵🇸🏳️‍⚧️
I usually bring in the Keep on the Borderlands/Caves of Chaos, set up an area reasonably Wild Coast/Pomarj-like for the Slaver campaign, Barovia, the Vault of the Drow/Shrine of the Kuo-Toa, the lost Temple of Tharizdun, the Isle of Dread, and the fortresses/lairs of the giants in the G series.

Mr. Patient

Adventurer
My homebrew includes Maure Castle, although I have placed it on Nyambe, which is African-themed, and modified it accordingly. It actually works better than it sounds.

Drowbane

First Post
Some sites from my homebrew

Anauroch Desert
Barovia (with the Mists, intrigue and horror... but without "ravenloft mechanics")
Cauldron
Cormyr (favorite FR location)
Daemondred Keep (home of my settings version of Lord Soth)
Durmstrang (Maure) Castle
Elsir Vale (red hand of doom)
Jakandor
Jianguo (with heavy rokugan influences, such as the Clans)
Kaiju Island
Land of Fate, the (a favorite 2e setting, had to include)
Red Mountain (think Morrowind)
Saltmarsh
Sharn
Talenta Plains
Tomb of Elemental Evil (+moat house, different town name. Hommelet too well known)
Tomb of Horrors
Underdark, the (Ched Nasad and other major drow cities)
Undermountain (+waterdeep, names unchanged)
White Plume
Xen'drik (my drow are oldskool, so my Xendrik is known for its lizardfolk)

I do have some original sites also, I promise! :D

Last edited:

ferratus

Adventurer
WG7: Castle Greyhawk!

I bought it a couple years ago thinking it was the 1e original Castle Greyhawk from a collectibles store in my area. It was only $10 so I thought I was getting a bargain. Turns out, I was robbed of $20, given I'd pay $10 to have never read it.

Once and awhile I wonder if I can rehabilitate it so that it is recognizable, but actually funny and fun to play. I start thinking I can do something with the Citadel Union, and a few of the upper levels, but then my start bleeding and I have to put the book down.

Actual adventures I like enough to include in my homebrew:

L2: Assassins Knot
A1-A4: Scourge of the Slave Lords

From Dungeon:
The Mud Sorcerer's Tomb
The Lich Queen's Beloved

Last edited:

The Green Adam

First Post
In my original homebrew D&D world, which I've used in one form or another since 1982, numerous modules have been merged into the milieu, though none have done so unaltered.

Keep on the Borderlands is an old fort left over from an ancient conflict that was later 'settled' by the soldiers and nearby villagers.

White Plume Mountain is, in addition to being the holding place of three powerful magic items, the primary way to access Sigil, the interdimensional city of doors.

Expedition to the Barrier Peaks is secretly held by an order of adventurers that keeps its existance and equipment out of general public knowledge. Gear from the strange castle hidden within enables the aforementioned order to have an advantage over the forces of evil it constantly combats.

Hidden Shrine of the Tamachan is a lost temple not far from the homeland of a jungle dwelling race of cat people who are regular enemies of the Yuan-Ti.

The Ghost Tower of Inverness is an abandoned wizard's tower in the North West that ends up being of great importance much later in the campaign.

Bear in mind that I started running this world in 1982 at the age of 13 and at this point most of the modules and their components have morphed and combined with so many original elements that they are barely recognizable.

AD

Last edited:

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
I created an entire kingdom in an offshoot of my current homebrew based around The Sunless Citadel and its sequels.

The kingdom includes the following communities and associated adventure locales...

Oakhurst from The Sunless Citadel
Blasingdell from The Forge of Fury
Brindinford from The Speaker in Dreams
Ossington from The Standing Stone
Drylake from Heart of Nightfang Spire

Chaoszero

First Post
The only one that has been visited so far in my HB is the Tomb of Horrors, but I have plans for placing Castle Ravenloft in soon.

The Tomb of Horrors TPK'd my players!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads