• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General What (in)famous D&D adventure sites exist in your homebrew?

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
The title says is all . . .

What famous (or infamous) adventure sites exist in your homebrewed campaign world?

I'm talking about official D&D dungeons or locales from any edition. Does the Tomb of Horrors exist in your homebrewed world? What about the Tower of Inverness? Or perhaps Dragon Mountain (from 2e) or the Isle of Dread?

And how have these adventure sites changed your homebrewed campaign world? What are the sites' legacies in the world?

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
In my long running but now retired "homebrew" (still linked in the sig):

Ravenloft: in Transylvania (of course); Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth and Forgotten Temple of Tharizdun: nearby in the Carpathains. Hommlet and the Moathouse in Northumberland (home of the real St Cuthbert); the Temple of All Consumption (sequal to Elemental Evil) in the wilds of the Caladonian (scottish) Highlands; A teleportation gate connected the two.

Most modules are suprisingly easy to drop into an alternate earth. Exceptions would be something like Ilse of Dread (though I guess you could just sail west...)

Edit: In terms of campaign impact, Barovia was the base of the PCs for a long time, and they did become embroiled in Trasylvanian politics, in between adventures.

BluWolf

Explorer
The Dark Tower (Judges Guild)
(a version) of the locales from Under Illefarn (one of the greatest modules of all time).
Oakhurst

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
I've got Barovia in the Tale.

However, Strahd is not a vampire. Instead he is the Chosen of White Raven, one of the gods. His chosen status gives him the gift of immortality.

His brother Sergei is a vampire and Tatiana is Strahd's wife.

I still need to flesh all of this out a bit more.

Tewligan

First Post
There's a heavily-modded version of the dungeon from "Against the Cult of the Reptile God" in my campaign, where the cultists were worshipping a VERY ancient black dragon that has been sleeping for millenia. The low level PC's wiped out the cult, then just flooded the underground complex and left the Sleeper to keep on nappin'.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
in 3.5 The temple of Elemental Evil (+ Hommlet,Gulb,& Verbonic)

in 4e Vault of the Drow, thunderspire labyrith (with a human city built above).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads