The Treasure of the Tierra Padre... [Knight Otu Judging]

msd

First Post
Pbartender said:
"Excellent!" Rupert exclaims, "Welcome aboard, then, as it may be. Now, you'll forgive the manners of an old rich man with too many lawyers..." He unrolls a handful of parchment sheets, and hands one each to Eruin and Rogier.
Eruin slowly extends his hand toward Rupert to take the parchment. As he begins to peruse the terms, he turns his body away from the others. Tracing the individual words with his index finger, his mind slowly drifts into another realm as he ponders a multitude of questions: "Who is this strange gentleman patron and what is it that he really seeks? Why is he so eager to secure our word and bond before proceeding any further...?"

Though not completely comfortable, Eruin is even more put off by the thought of yet another night spent at the Inn. While Joe's hospitality has been nothing short of capital, the place for a ranger lies far beyond the comfort of the Red Dragon Inn.

Eruin swiftly turns his body to once again face his fellow comrades-in-arms and their patron. He winces as he tugs a few strands of hair from his unkempt locks.

Turning to Oirhandir, he says: "Your pen...if you are done, might I have it for a moment?"

Taking the pen, he quickly signs his name and returns the pen to Oirhandir and the contract to Rupert.

<OOC>

Oh, please, please, please let this be a good omen...our first year law-school grades go online in about an hour and contracts is the most heavily weighted course... :D

</OOC>

Gurdjieff

First Post
Pbartender said:
"Excellent!" Rupert exclaims, "Welcome aboard, then, as it may be. Now, you'll forgive the manners of an old rich man with too many lawyers..." He unrolls a handful of parchment sheets, and hands one each to Eruin and Rogier.

Rogier takes the pen and signs the contract. "There, ready to get some treasure. When do we leave." he asks, happy that he has something to do once more.

Pbartender

First Post
Venus said:
Rogier takes the pen and signs the contract. "There, ready to get some treasure. When do we leave." he asks, happy that he has something to do once more.

"Don't forget the hair, please," Rupert urges, "or the blood, if you prefer. It's most important."

Gurdjieff

First Post
"If you don't mind, before I add that, I need to go a standard procedure. Just to rule certain things out, I hope you forgive my rudeness in this matter, yet it must be done."
Rogier casts Detect Evil and checks everyone in the party.

[OoC: All are good aligned, except possibly Rupert. Also, Rogier will Sense Motive on Rupert to find out if he's hiding anything, as he has the feeling this contract might have a catch.]

Pbartender

First Post
"Oh no, go ahead and help yourself. I understand completely," Rupert assures the paladin, "One can never be too certain when dealing with such a risk laden business venture, can they?"

Rogier scans the room for any bad vibrations, but can sense nothing within the room. This rich inheritor may not be entirely good, but he's certainly not evil.

Sense Motive Roll: 16 +4 = 20.

Rupert seems entirely open and honest, though he is definitely holding back information, until everyone signs the contract. Obviously, he is worried about some other tomb-robbers getting to whatever might be left of the treasure before he does.

The contract seems pretty straight forward. The language is exceedingly clear and concise, and is worded in a manner similar to the pirate hunting Letters of Marque many Kings issue. It's main purpose seems to be to eliminate any quibbling over the amount of payment due to the signees, and clearly delineates the goals of the expedition. It guarantees payment to the signee for items delivered, and threatens legal action should the signees break the contract.

Kahuna Burger said:
(hey PB, think you'll have room for one more if I can get Katherine the bard/ranger past any formalities in the Inn fast enough?)

OOC: Absolutely. Assume that Joe passes the hook along to anyone who is interested.

Last edited:

Gurdjieff

First Post
"Alright then, with a piece of my hair I seal this contract."
Rogier cuts off a straw of his hair, and puts it down with the signed contract.
"Now lets hope there is indeed no Dragon around." He grins as he grabs something to drink from the table.

DM-Rocco

Explorer
Calamar the Dark reviews the contract, his is a bit leary to sign anything, understanding that ways of magic and quest spells. He contimplates his action over food.

OOC
Knight Otu[judge]DMRocco, could you please e-mail Nimisgod at the address given in the character thread?[/judge]

Um, sure, I e-mailed him before, a couple of weeks ago, but I can again if you like.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
The door from the main inn opens and a woman enters. Her delicate features and pointed ears proclaim an elvish heritige, but her hair is black and her eyes darker than most humans. She is dressed in sensible traveling clothes and wears only two ornaments - a small carved talisman of an oaktree, and a heavy signet ring, which a sharp observer may notice is made of oddly base metals, rather than gold. A light crossbow is slung over her shoulder, and a coiled whip hangs from her belt. Glancing around, she says politely, "Joe said there was a gathering of treasure hunters in here, and I was wondering if you had room for one more. My name is Katherine DeSylvia, and I find things."

(ooc: assuming she get the same basic spiel the other's have, I'll give you some checks now to get things out of the way. Bardic Knowlege +3 (the gentleman offering us the deal) either the same or Knowlege History +6 (the last dragon sighting in this area and whether any were killed without their hordes being looted), Sense motive +6 (+8 against humans, especially when she asks the employer straight out if this contract is meant to have a magical as well as legal purpose) and a detect magic on the contract itself. Sorry to throw all that out, but I don't want to slow everyone down on actually starting the adventure by exchanging multiple posts on it.)

Remove ads