• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Epic Game: Character Construction (Phase I)

Macbrea

First Post
Ah, you ask... Were do bad faeries go!

They go to me!

If a faerie is viewed by his people as a bad faerie they go to the worst place they could possibly go!

What do I do with them?

<<Cackles>>

I make monks, scribes, lawyers and judges!

I have an ordered system with rules! More rules then they could ever live by.

And my rules aren't evil, you could be perfectly good as long as your following the letter of the rules.

Long ago, Xavier swore an oath to the Eldarin people that he would protect them. And he has lived upto the letter of the law. Their own chaotic nature gets them killed more times then not. It is upto him to take those bad apples in the bunch and reform them.

Kalanyr

Explorer
With Improved Spell Capacity you get one extra spell slot, of up to 1 level higher than your highest spell level.

The Divine Spellcaster Divine Salient ability gives you spell slots up to your relevant ability modifier.

Also you can't have a base of 22 as a human, the max is 18.

GoldenEagle

First Post
Zack - I think my cohort with aim towards Guardian Paramount or just straight Fighter. I haven't decided. I'm trying to figure out a good back story.

K - Thanks for the help. I fixed the stats. How DO I get higher level spell slots then (a feat each time?)? Is there an ability like the one you mentioned for arcane casters?

Thanks

John

Zack2216

First Post
golden, your cohort should be a monk cleric sacred fist from the cleric handbook. that prestige class is really nifty, you should check it out.

Kalanyr

Explorer
GoldenEagle said:
Zack - I think my cohort with aim towards Guardian Paramount or just straight Fighter. I haven't decided. I'm trying to figure out a good back story.

K - Thanks for the help. I fixed the stats. How DO I get higher level spell slots then (a feat each time?)? Is there an ability like the one you mentioned for arcane casters?

Thanks

John

The above mentioned Divien Salient Ability works for arcane casters too. Just means you need to be a diety of Divine rank 1 or more and spend one of your DSA's on the ability.

Last edited:

Kalanyr

Explorer
Hmm, ECL 50 as it works means that the only things worth playing are Paragons, Pseudonaturals, Druids and Bashing People- type and Gods if you boost Charismal to a truly sick level. Is there anything that can be done about this ?

Dalamar

Adventurer
For a Hack'n'Slash game, they might be the only viable choices. But for RPing my monk is probobly as good as any of the others. And at epic levels, I don't think most of the game is going to be bashing.

Mr. Draco

First Post
Kalanyr said:
Hmm, ECL 50 as it works means that the only things worth playing are Paragons, Pseudonaturals, Druids and Bashing People- type and Gods if you boost Charismal to a truly sick level. Is there anything that can be done about this ?

Agreed, and with regards to not having a lot of hack n slash in an epic game, well, there will be some, and what's the use of a character if whenever battle occurs you have to lie down and die?

CS/Kal, take a quick look at these templates for Dukes of Hell, Archdevils (note you need Duke of Hell template as well for this), and Lords of the Nine (note you need the Archdevil, and thus Duke of Hell template as well for this) posted by Serge in the House Rules section-tell me if you think they would be acceptable in the epic game and about at what ECL.

Duke of Hell: http://enworld.cyberstreet.com/showthread.php?threadid=22557
Arch Devil: http://enworld.cyberstreet.com/showthread.php?threadid=22704
Lord of the Nine: http://enworld.cyberstreet.com/showthread.php?threadid=22797

Last edited:

Here's a sketch. I used the 6 point buy option, and took the sixth extra level as experience for epic spell. The stats include all the +5 tomes.

Belian
Old Force Dragon
Colossal Dragon (Force)
Hit Dice: 55d12+1045 (1381) 1503640 xp/1540000 xp
Initiative: +6
Speed: 60 ft., fly 300 ft. (clumsy)
AC: 98 (+20 epic mage armor, +2 dex, -8 size, +54 natural, +20 deflection)
Attacks: Bite +73 melee, 2 claws +72 melee, 2 wings +71 melee, tail slap +71 melee
Damage: Bite 4d8+26, claws 4d6+13, wings 2d8+13, tail slap 4d6+39
Face/Reach: 40ft. by 80 ft./15 ft.
Special Attacks: Crush 4d8+39 (DC 56), tail sweep 2d8+39 (DC 56), breath weapon, frightful presence (DC 57), spells (caster level 24th), spell-like abilities
Special Qualities: Immunities, DR 40/+8, SR 45, blindsight, keen senses, deflecting force, displacement (50% miss chance)
Saves: Fort +48, Ref +31, Will +49
Abilities: Str 61, Dex 15, Con 48, Int 50, Wis 51, Cha 51
Skills: Alchemy +35, Appraise +49, Balance +19, Bluff +78, Concentration +49, Diplomacy +84, Disable Device +35, Disguise +51, Escape Artist +52, Heal +35, Hide +15, Innuendo +45, Intimidate +55, Inuit Direction +49, Jump +58, Knowledge (arcana) +78, Knowledge (architecture and engineering) +50, Knowledge (geography) +50, Knowledge (history) +78, Knowledge (local) +50, Knowledge (nature) +78, Knowledge (nobility and royalty) +50, Knowledge (religion) +50, Knowledge (the planes) +50, Listen +80, Move Silently +17, Open Lock +17, Pick Pocket +23, Scry +50, Search +78, Sense Motive +49, Spellcraft +78, Spot +80, Tumble +21, Wilderness Lore +49
Feats: Alertness, Cleave, Craft Wondrous Item, Empower Spell-Like Ability, Epic Spellcasting, Fast Healing, Flyby Attack, Hover, Improved Iniative, Improved Spell Capacity (9th), Maximize Spell-Like Ability, Multiattack, Power Attack, Snatch, Sunder, Weapon Focus (claw), Wingover
Challenge Rating: 37
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral with slight evil tendencies

Human-form
Medium Dragon (Force)
Initiative: +4
Speed: 30 ft.
AC: 30 (+20 epic mage armor)
Face/Reach: 5ft. by 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Frightful Presence (DC 57), spells (caster level 24th), spell-like abilities
Special Qualities: Immunities, DR 40/+8, SR 45, blindsight, keen senses
Saves: Fort +29, Ref +29, Will +49
Abilities: Str 10, Dex 10, Con 10, Int 50, Wis 51, Cha 51
Skills: Alchemy +35, Appraise +49, Balance +17, Bluff +78, Concentration +30, Diplomacy +84, Disable Device +35, Disguise +51, Escape Artist +50, Heal +35, Hide +29, Innuendo +45, Intimidate +55, Inuit Direction +49, Jump +32, Knowledge (arcana) +78, Knowledge (architecture and engineering) +50, Knowledge (geography) +50, Knowledge (history) +78, Knowledge (local) +50, Knowledge (nature) +78, Knowledge (nobility and royalty) +50, Knowledge (religion) +50, Knowledge (the planes) +50, Listen +80, Move Silently +15, Open Lock +15, Pick Pocket +21, Scry +50, Search +78, Sense Motive +49, Spellcraft +78, Spot +80, Tumble +19, Wilderness Lore +49
Feats: Alertness, Cleave, Craft Wondrous Item, Empower Spell-Like Ability, Epic Spellcasting, Fast Healing, Improved Iniative, Improved Spell Capacity (9th), Maximize Spell-Like Ability, Power Attack, Sunder

Breath Weapon (Su): Cone of force ,70 ft., damage 40d12 Ref half (DC 56).
Spell-Like Abilities: 3/day-forcecage, Otiluke’s resilient sphere, wall of force. Caster level 24th; save DC 30 + spell level.
Immunities (Ex): Immune to sleep and paralysis, immune to force effects.
Sorcerer Spells Known (6/11/11/11/11/10/10/10/10/10/5; base DC 30 + spell level): 0-arcane mark, dancing lights, detect magic, ghost sound, mage hand, mending, ray of frost, read magic, resistance; 1st-charm person, magic missile, protection from law, ray of enfeeblement, unseen servant; 2nd-cat’s grace, detect thoughts, fog cloud, mirror image, web; 3rd-dispel magic, displacement, hold person, suggestion; 4th-fire shield, improved invisibility, polymorph self, scrying; 5th-cone of cold, summon monster V, teleport, transmute rock to mud; 6th-disintegrate, guards and wards, project image; 7th-prismatic spray, spell turning, summon monster VII; 8th-horrid wilting, mind blank, Otto’s irrestible dance; 9th-meteor swarm, power word, kill, time stop; epic-epic mage armor, mass frog.
Possessions: 32466000 gp

Last edited:

Remove ads