• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Epic Game: Character Construction (Phase I)

Creamsteak

Explorer
Starting Experience: 1,225,000 xp

Starting Wealth: 34,200,000 gp

Maximum Item Value: 8,550,000

Class Levels: ECL +1 Per Class Level

Templates: ECL +1 per +6 to ability scores; or ECL +0.5*(Highest Ability Bonus); whichever is greater

Special Templates: Templates that cannot be taken at level 1, and high level templates (Paragon) use ECL +4/3*(Highest Ability Bonus). (Demilich = ECL +14, Lich = +3, Paragon = ECL +20, Psuedonatural = ECL +30)

Divine Ranks: Divine Ranks can be purchased as if you were purchasing a level. DR 0 has ECL +10, DR 1 had ECL +10 in addition ot DR 0, and divine ranks 2-5 can be bought for ECL +4 each. DR 6 is under "consideration" still.

Monster "Levels": The Hit Dice of a creature + it's level adjustment determines the "Monster Level." In the case of all creatures that have no ability scores more than 2*(Hit Dice)+10, there is no level adjustment. In the case of creatures with ability scores more than 2*(Hit Dice)+10, add the 1/2*(The Difference) to get Level Adjustment.

Ability Score Generation: Point Buy at 48 Points.

Modified Ability Score Generation: You can take a negative to your total point buy for a scant increase in Hit Dice or Character level, but you gain no additional wealth from it. The level adjustments below do not stack with each other.

36 Point buy allows you 1 additional level of experience, but no additional wealth.
30 Point buy allows 2 additional levels of experience, but no additional wealth.
24 Point buy allows 3 additional levels of experience, but no additional wealth.
18 Point buy allows 4 additional levels of experience, but no additional wealth.
12 Point buy allows 5 additional levels of experience, but no additional wealth.
6 Point buy allows 6 additional levels of experience, but no additional wealth.
0 Point buy allows 7 additional levels of experience, but not addiitonal wealth.

Starting with Straight 7s gives you 8 levels.
Starting with Straight 5s gives you 9 levels.
Starting with Straight 3s gives you 10 levels.

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
I'm in-between choices on style for my paladin. I could go with the high-attack-bonus one:

Solumice Construprare
Human Paladin 44/Divine Emissary 6 1,225,000 xp
Hit Dice: 44d10+220 Paladin, 6d10+30 Divine Emissary (505 hp)
Initiative: +5 (+5 Dex)
Speed: 30 ft.
AC: 25 (+5 Dex, +6 Armor, +4 Shield)
Attacks: +20 Favored Weapon +81/+76/+71/+66 melee; Smite Evil +100 melee; or Mighty [60 Str] Composite Longbow +42/+37/+32/+27
Damage: +20 Favored Weapon 1d8+45; Smite Evil 1d8+1045; Composite Longbow 1d8+27
Face/Reach: 5 ft. by 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Detect evil at will, divine inspiration 2/day, granted domain, greater planar ally 1/day, lay on hands 836 hp/day, paladin spells, remove disease 14/day, smite evil 3/day, turn undead
Special Qualitites: Associates, aura of courage, code of conduct, divine grace, divine health, special mount
Saves: Fort +79, Ref +73, Will +73
Abilities: Str 32 (60), Dex 20, Con 20, Int 20, Wis 20, Cha 20 (48)
Skills:
Feats: Cleave, Dodge, Expertise, Great Cleave, Mobility, Power Attack, Spring Attack, Weapon Focus (Favored Weapon)
Epic Feats: Great Smiting (x19)

A modified variant of it with High Health instead of attack bonus (so I can survive after I lose initiative)...

Or I could go with the "rounded" one:

Solumice Construprare
Human Paladin 44/Divine Emissary 6 1,225,000 xp
Hit Dice: 44d10 (Paladin) + 748 Con + 264 Bonus, 6d10 (Divine Emissary) + 102 Con + 36 Bonus (1405 hp)
Initiative: +10 (+10 Dex)
Speed: 30 ft. fly 90 ft.
AC: 65 (+10 Dex, +19 Armor, +16 Shield, +10 Natural)
Attacks: Favored Weapon +57/+52/+47/+42 Melee; Favored Weapon +50/+45/+40/+35 Ranged; or Smite +75
Damage: Favored Weapon +22, Favored Weapon +5, Smite +1022
Face/Reach: 5 ft. by 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Detect evil at will, divine inspiration 2/day, granted domain, greater planar ally 1/day, lay on hands 836 hp/day, paladin spells, remove disease 14/day, smite evil 3/day, turn undead
Special Qualitites: Associates, aura of courage, code of conduct, divine grace, divine health, special mount
Saves: Fort +61, Ref +48, Will +55
Abilities: Str 20 (34), Dex 16 (30), Con 20 (44), Int 20 (34), Wis 20 (34), Cha 22 (46)
Skills:
Feats: Cleave, Dodge, Expertise, Great Cleave, Mobility, Power Attack, Spring Attack, Weapon Focus (Favored Weapon)
Epic Feats: Great Smiting (x19)

The differences are hard to tell, since I didn't include the different lists of magic items.

I think, since he's the only one interested, I might be working with Sollir. Anyone else think my alignment's gonna have to change?

Zack2216

First Post
New seed
Seed: Empower
Transmutation
Spellcraft DC: 14
Components: V,S
Casting Time: 1 minute
range: touch
target: creature or weapon touched
Duration:20 minutes
Saving throw: will negates
Spell Resistance: yes

you can enchant a natural or artificial weapon (or weapons in the case of natural) with magical energy, giving it a +1 enhancement bonus to attacks and damage rolls. This allows you to penetrate +1 or weaker damage reduction. Alternatively, you can affect up to fifty bullets, arrows, or bolts. If you are a good aligned divine caster, the weapon is considered blessed.
You can increase the enhancement bonus by +1 by adding +1 to the spellcraft DC. Once the enhancement bonus reaches +5, you must add +3 to the Spellcraft DC for each additional +1 to the enhancement bonus (ie. a +10 enhancement bonus would have a DC of 34)

Gaea's Energy Claws
Transmutation, Evocation (Acid, Fire, Electricity, Cold, or Sonic)
Spellcraft DC:35
Components: V,S
Casting time: 100 days, 11 minutes
range: touch
target: weapon or living creature touched
Duration: Permenant
Saving throw: will, harmless
Spell resistance: yes
To develope:315,000 gp,12,600 xp,7 days
Seed: Empower (DC 14), Energy (19) Factors: +14 to enhancement bonus (total +15) (+32), +3d6 energy (total +5d6) (+6), x5 permanent. Increase casting time by 10 minutes (-20); Burn 10,000 exp. (-100); increase casting time by 100 days (-200)

This spell allows the caster to enchant a weapon or natural weapon permenantly (in the case of a natural weapon, it can be dispelled and resumed by the enchanted at will. Also, If the caster is to assume a different form (polymorph, shapechange, or wildshape) this spell stays in effect, and the enchanted can choose what natural weapon (or weapons) is/are effected.

The enchanted weapon has a +15 enhancement bonus to attack and damage, and adds +5d6 energy damage of the chosen single element (chosen apon casting) to damage. This extra energy damage isn't increased during a crit(I think...).

Note, natural weapons enchanted and used in this way harm the enchanted by the listed elemental damage if they aren't protected from it.

I used the energy aura option from the enrgy seed to add elemental damage to the weapons damage. I was wondering, should there be some ad hoc in there? just curious. I thought that if it is a natural weapon and you get harmed by the spell for using it, then it would make up for the possible ad hoc, even though high level casters can easily protect against its affects. But it's too bad that druid minions don't get this benifit.

When I had cast it, I cast it on myself and chose sonic damage.

Storm Crow
Chaotic Neutral with good tendancies
Human Paragon level 1 monk/28 druid
Hit dice 1d8+28d8+348+780 (1160)
Initiative +13 (dex)
Speed 180'
AC 116 (22 e.b.++26 wis+ 13 dex+5 nat+12 insight+12 luck+ 16 r.o.p.)
Attacks: unarmed strike +74/+69/+64
damage: 6d6 (1d6 bludg.+5d6 sonic)+50
Face/reach: 5'by5'/5'
speacial attacks:-
Speacial qualities: blindsight 120', control weather (3 mile radius), unarmed strike,stunning attack 1/day, evasion, haste 3/day, greater dispelling 3/day, see invisibility 3/day, Wildshape 10/day(tiny-colossaul, animals, dragons, beasts)/4/day(any elemental, small through colassaul)
Saves: fort +47, ref +35, Will +53
abilities: str 40, dex 36, con 50, wis 62, int 43, cha 41

Ability score breakdown:
Strength- 8 base, +15 paragon, +5 book, + 12 amulet of relentless might
Dexterity- 8 base, +15 paragon, +5 book, +8 circlet of ages
Constition- 18 base, +15 paragon, +5 book, +12 amulet of relentless might
Wisdom-18 base, +15 paragon, +5 book, +16 circlet of ages, +1 age, +7 level
Intelligence- 16 base, +15 paragon, +5 book, +6 circlet of ages,
+1 age
Charisma-14 base, +15 paragon, +5 book, +1 age, +6 circlet of ages

skills:
Monk, 4 ranks each(this isn't included in the calculations below)
dex-balance-+13(human)+20(boots)
str-climb-+15(human)+20(boots)
con-concentration-+20(human)+10(paragon)
int-craft(woodworking)-+16+10(paragon)
cha-diplomacy-+15+10(paragon)
dex-escape artist-+13+10
dex-hide-+13+40
str-jump-+15+10
int-knowledge(arcane)-+16+10
wis-listen-+26+10
dex-move silently+13+40
cha-perform-+15+10
wis-proffession(herbalism)-+26+10
str-swim-+15-+10
dex-tumble-+13+10

Druid, 31 ranks each(this isn't included in the calculations below)
cha-animal empathy-+16+10
con-concentration-+20+10
int-craft(woodworking)-+16+10
cha-diplomacy-+15+10
cha-handle animal-+15+10
wis-heal-+26+10
wis-intuit direction-+26+10
int-knowledge(nature)-+16+10
wis-proffesion(herbalism)-+26+10
int-scry-+16+10
int-spellcraft-+16+10

Feats
extend spell, empower spell, natural spell, snatch, blindsight (120'), extra wildshape, permanent emanation (control weather), gargantuan wildshape, colossal wildshape, improved elemental wildshape, beast wildshape, epic spellcasting, combat casting, improved combat casting, dragon wildshape

Spells:
0-6;1-12;2-12;3-11;4-11;5-11;6-10;7-9;8-9;9-9
Save dc 36 +spell level

Stuff!(equipment listing & price)
Circlet of ages ( jade circlet) 5,096,000
+16 wis, +8 dex, +6 int, +6 cha (wilding clasp attached)
Nature's Fury (staff) 500000
Epic bracers of armor +22 4,840,000
(note: I have a wilding clasp on each bracer so that I gain the armor bonus in wildshape)
Amulet of relentless might 4384,000 (wilding clasp attached)
+12 str, +12 con
Ring of Protection +16 5,120,000 (wilding clasp attached)
Ring of Universal elemental immunity 2,160,000 (wilding clasp attached)
8 wilding clasps 32 k (4 k each)
Boots of swiftness 256,000 (wilding clasp attached x2)
Mantle of great stealth 242,000(wilding clasp attached)
Bag of holding type 4 10,000
holds:
nature's fury (already accounted for)
staff of life x2 260,000 (130,000 each)
Staff of the Hierophants 501,187
cabinet of feasting 288,000
63 scrolls (8 spells each) of maximized, empowered, admixtured(sonic), daylong(or whatever it's called that makes the spell last all day), greater call lightning(450 damage, save dc 27)

My home: a druid grove. I live in a very large woodshaped tree that acomodates many (at most me and 10 guests). The outlying area is densely wooded with trees as large as mine (to hide mine). In my 'back yard' I have a standing stone circle, with a natural spring in the center( not very deep). In the spring, a stone pedastal stands (which is where I make my offerings to use the standing stones). Surrounding My Home, I always have 4-9 shambling mounds on guard (which last 14 months instead of 7)
Standing stones:
shambler(57,750), heal(42,350), Greater scrying (42,350), transport via plants(33,600), control weather (42,350), true reincarnate(57,750)
The sacrifice for the standing stones(all of them) is the burning of several berries, that can be found in bushes in the surrounding wood.

My last 1,285,853 gp horde is inside my home.

Favored forms for combat: as in, if there is enough room, zack turns into one of these guys...

Advanced gold dragon
77d12; 170 AC (-8 size,+76 natural, +26 wis, +22 bracers, +16 ring of prot., +4 dex, +12 luck, +12 insight)
48d10 80' cone of fire(or cone of weakening gas, 24 str damage) ref DC 90; Fear DC63; 71 spell resistance; 55/+10 DR
120' land, 600' fly, 120' swim; 84 stength, 18 dex, 69 con
Fire subtype, water breathing, immune to sleep and paralysis
720' blinsight, 2,400' darkvision
Attack: +88 bite, +87 claw x2, +86 wing x2, +86 tail
Damage: 13d6+72 bite, 4d8 +5d6+53 claw, 9d6+53 wing, 4d8+5d6+90 tail
Feats: alertness, cleave, improved init, power attack, weapon focus(claw), flyby attack, hover, snatch(24d6 throw), wingover, improved flight, multiattack, improved spell capacity x7, great strength, improved spell resistance x7

Advanced silver dragon
76d12; 169 ac (-8 size,+75 natural, +26 wis, +22 bracers, +16 ring of prot., +4 dex, +12 luck, +12 insight)
48d8 cone 80' cone of cold(or paralyzing gas 1d6+24 rounds)
ref dc 89; Fear dc 63; 70 SR; 55/+10 DR
80' land, 500' fly; 80 str, 18 dex, 67 con
immune to acid, cold, sleep, and paralysis; cloudwaling
720' blinsight, 2,400' darkvision
Attack: +86 bite, +85 claw x2, +84 wing x2, +84 tail
Damage: 13d6+70 bite, 4d8 +5d6+52 claw, 9d6+52 wing, 4d8+5d6+87 tail
Feats: alertness, cleave, improved init, power attack, weapon focus(claw), flyby attack, hover, snatch(24d6 throw), wingover, improved flight, multiattack, improved spell capacity x7, great strength, improved spell resistance x7

Advanced Blue Dragon
78d12; 171 AC(-8 size,+77 natural, +26 wis, +22 bracers, +16 ring of prot., +4 dex, +12 luck, +12 insight)
50d8 160' line of lightning ref 89; fear dc 64; 71 SR;55/+10 DR
80' land, 500' fly, 40' burrow; 78 str, 18 dex, 65 con
immune to lightning, sound imitation
750' Blindsight, 2,500' darkvision
Attack: +85 bite, +84 claw x2, +83 wing x2, +83 tail
Damage: 13d6+69 bite, 4d8 +5d6+52 claw, 9d6+52 wing, 4d8+5d6+86 tail

Advanced Green Dragon
77d12; 170 AC(-8 size,+76 natural, +26 wis, +22 bracers, +16 ring of prot., +4 dex, +12 luck, +12 insight)
50d6 80' acid cone ref 88; fear dc 63; SR 70; 55/+9 DR
80' land, 500' fly, 80' swim; 78 str, 18 dex, 65 con
immune to acid, water breathing, immune to sleep and paralize
750' Blindsight, 2,500' darkvision
Attack: +85 bite, +84 claw x2, +83 wing x2, +83 tail
Damage: 13d6+69 bite, 4d8 +5d6+52 claw, 9d6+52 wing, 4d8+5d6+86 tail

I am also familiar with
all paragon elementals of CR 50 or less(including primal)

Origin...
During my early years, I was sneared at by the other children because of my inferior strength of body and dexterity. I chose to train under a foriegner that lived outside our village, so that I may be able to defend myself and those I loved. Alas, I got what I wanted, the ability to defend myself, because the training didn't help me strengthen my body. Soon after my first level of training was complete, my village was attacked by a dragon and its small horde of fire giants. My village was raized, all those I knew wereeither taken into slavery or slaughtered. I was able to use what little training I had to escape into the wood. However, the dragon that led the army flew to the clearing ahead of me to stop my travel. Now that I could see it, it was huge, with red scales and glowing, fiery eyes."You cannot escape puny one. Your village will pay for that which they have done to the rest of my clutch! None shall survive!" As he said this he swung his great claw at me. As he swung down, almost instantly, an earthy hand of great size met the dragons on rushing claw. The earth began to tremble, and I fell. The earth rose beneath my feet as the hand extended further into the air, forcing the claw back. Soon, an entire body rose aswell, pushing the dragon back further. I was burried by rocks and I fell uncontious. I felt myself falling. I opened my eyes, and I was lying on a field of grass. The horizon and sky were twilight, and I could see stars. The plain I was on appeared to be an isle floating in midair by magic. The grass was turquoise green, tall, and wavy. There was a tree aswell, of great size. The bark was normal, but the leaves were turquoise green aswell. From the tree, a man stepped out, as if the tree was made of water. He was wearing many furs, and was tall and powerful. He was young, but how he wore his face told of many years of struggles. He was holding his arm, which was bleeding profusely. He lurched forward, limping, ignoring his wounds "I have lived many years young one." He said in an old wise voice.:I believe that my time here was well spent. Perhaps..." he coughed hard."Perhaps it is my time, my time to pass on, to join with nature atlast." I stutter, stunned by his presence "What does this have to do with me?" He says "I want you to take my place, to protect nature as I have done for so many years. I want to hand my gift from nature to you." I say "Why have I been chosen? What is so special about me that you decided to pick me out of so many other people?" He says "You are destined for great things my child. Mother Gaea has chosen you as her champion, so that she may live on." He coughs harder now, blood seeping from his wound onto the ground now. "My time is short. For you to recieve this gift, we must make a blood bond, so that my essence can join with yours." He takes out a small knife. "Are you ready?" I say "I have been taught to accept things as they are, that destiny is reality, and that not only is destiny inescapable, but I can shape it. I want to protect those I love, to be strong... Yes, I am ready. Through nature I will be able to reach my goals." He says "Good, because now is the time." He puts a gash into is hand, and then takes mine and does the same. His hand gripped mine tightly, with a with a crushing grasp. His body began to glow with green light. Wind began to blow towards me from all directions, causing my hair to flurry about above me. The glow traveled fro his torso, slowly to and down his arm. As the energy drained into his body, his grip seemed to lessen, and my grip slowly began to tighten. He aged rapidly. You could see his vitality drain as his strength drained into me. And it was done. He fell immediately to the ground, having lost all strength in his body. He had died. I felt my wound close almost immediately. I head a voice from within me."You now have an obligation. Remember, your strength can be taken away as quickly as it has been given." I felt my mind and spirit stir within me as his spirit joined with mine. "We are now one..."
I entered the tree, and I immediately stepped out into the forest I had been in earlier. There, I saw much blood on the ground, aswell as the now sleign re dragon. There were several piles of earth strewn about. The dragon appeared to have been dead for several hours. In the distance, towards my village, smoke was still rising, but not as much so as earlier. I ran, now much faster than earlier, towards my village. It had been deserted a short while ago, everyone was either taken or dead. Strange, I wanted to weep, to feel sorrow for my fallen loved ones, but it was as if something was holding be back. I searched, and found nothing left of value in the village.
And so I left. I haven't been back since, although now I am able to mourn for the fallen. I haven't seen that little village since then, let alone remember it's name. It's been so long...
Since then I have been travelling the world, and I have done great things, just as that man told I was destined for. Now I begin another chapter in my history...

Basically, during a dragon raid I was saved by a divine emissary of nature. His spirit joined with mine, giving me the paragon template and changing my alignment from Lawful good to Chaotic Neutral with good tendancies.

Last edited:

Kalanyr

Explorer
Luithi could use a divine emissary, Solumice Construprare looks good for the job. However there is the minor problem of the one step alignment rule.

Zack2216

First Post
Yay! I did a good job!:D

Hopefully now I can keep up with our divine party members.(that is if I haven't already surpassed them...)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads