• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E The Daily "4e is Coming! Theory" Thread

slaunt

First Post
I heard that not only will 4e will be out sometime next year, and that WOTC is in negotiations with KS from Palladium to publish DnD using the Palladium system and using savage worlds from pinnacle for the mini aspect of the game.

Slaunt

MacMathan

Explorer
Yeah, it's at the printers and they have skipped playtesting and the only dev credit appears to be Andy.

Wait that was last weeks rumor... Sorry I am out of date. ;)

Mercule

Adventurer
Psion said:
If Andy's comments on the ECL races thread are any indication, 4e is going to be the spiritual equivalent of windows ME. :]

Odd. I'd heard they were more looking at the Netscape model. They'll be bought be some overly-hype large corporation that produces similar, but dumbed down products for masses of people who are only casually involved in the field. Next, is to skip a release number entirely. When the next release actually does come out, it'll be a barely recognizable shadow of its former self. Eventually, some upstart that does everything smoother, more efficiently, and with less overhead will come along and take its place.

So far as I can tell, step one has been acheived.

Altalazar

First Post
EVERYONE knows that 4ed will shift to its own language, made up from scratch, that we'll all have to learn in order to read the core rulebooks. Each expansion will completely change the dialect, requiring even more languages. Of course, there will be plenty of source books on the language, and a CD-interactive course to learn to speak it, since some products will be released on audio only, requiring all gamers to be fluent speakers to play.

Time to get started! Before it is too late and then we'll all have to bleeerbork schhruld be daizees. In slpuuuuuuuuurds!

Impeesa

Explorer
Aris Dragonborn said:
I heard that it's going to be played Magic style.

Eh, wouldn't be a big leap. RPGNow is only one "randomly selected package deal" away from selling booster packs. With an afternoon of coding on their part, you could - right now - go buy a booster of PDFs and crack open something like:

common -
One Dozen Magic Cufflinks
The Complete Ten-Page Guide to Hamsters
(etc x10)

uncommon -
3 minigames & short supplements (like what EN Publishing does - EOM, 4CtF, etc)

rare -
PDF version of some big hardcover book

Think about it.

--Impeesa--

ssampier

First Post
Rasyr said:
Actually, 4E has been out for a while now, but you cannot even see the book unless you have your Captain Action Magic Goggles (TM), and even if you could see it, you need the special secret decoder ring from Acme (a subsidiary of the Fly-By-Night Corporation) in order to read it.
{Secret Message -- click to view}

B
E

S
U
R
E

T
O

D
R
I