• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tests and Trials (Manzanita Judging)

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Rummaging as quietly as he can, Devlin looks through his prizes. In the first, he finds a metal mug, an iron disk, stained with what seems to be blood, a bloodstained dagger, and a small bag filled with some copper and silver. In the other sack he finds similar items. The mess gear is on top, but underneath that, Devlin is surprised to find some writing utensils and parchment paper. It written in a language he cannot comprehend. There is also a small leather bag at the very bottom. Inside is a fair amount gold, though Devlin doesn't take the time to count it right now.

scout989

First Post
Luthiel Faradar Elven Rogue1

Luthiel holds the party up for a moment as he says quietly "Did either of you recognize that... thing?"

Dungannon

First Post
Devlin Magruder, human rogue 3

Thinking quickly, Devlin transfers the gold to one of his own belt pouches, then places the dagger, parchment, writing utensils and pouch of copper & silver into one of the sacks. He leaves the second sack with the mess gear on the ground and attempts to quietly make his way back to Malen & Cryndo.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
The crouched little creature's head snaps up as Devlin sneaks through the woods. It calls out something in its gibberish language and very quickly its companions are out of the tents. A total of five creatures, led by the first, creep their way toward the forest where Devlin was just at.

OOC: I believe that puts their backs to you, Devlin's Party. And I'm sorry to do this so early in the game, but I'm going out of town until Monday, and God only knows if I'll have internet access. If I do, I'll post, but if not, we'll pick up again on Monday.

Tassadar

First Post
While training his loaded crossbow at the hole, Jasper whispers back, "No, I don't believe I did, but whatever it was, it looked almost as scared of us as we seem to be of it. Although, I'm more scared of the many more most likely in the rest of those holes."

scout989

First Post
Luthiel Faradar Elven Rogue1

"Well, since we don't know what they are and they're not bothering us right now, let's continue on. But please do keep in mind that we have unidintified burrowing creatures to our rear, Garrit." Luthiel looks around the edge of the clearing for a continuation of the path, then resumes his advance towards it as before, moving quietly and staying alert. If there is no continuation of the path, Luthiel will set off into the forest, but in the general direction of the camp so as to not get too far from it.

Dungannon

First Post
Devlin continues to head toward Cryndo & Malen, hoping the savages don't notice him and continue toward his earlier resting spot.

Manzanita

First Post
sorry to interupt

I'll just put some comments here in spoiler...

[sblock]I think you're doing a great job with this one, Rae Ardgaoth. When you get a few minutes, add a post to the Character Tracking and Interface thread, noting who is on this adventure and linking it to your adventure thread. When you do eventually assign treasure and XP, make a note in there about it. This helps the judges track PC XP and treasure, as well as helps everyone know where the players are and have been.

Sorry to interupt. Carry on![/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads