Tavern Bouncer

orsal

LEW Judge
I don't have a problem with 6 INT. I agree that the Sense Motive is the only mental skill he really needs. Also, he's not likely to be working very far from his much smarter boss.

But does he really need to weigh 438 lb? Or is it even appropriate that he does? By the random height and weight rulse that's a 1-in-5000 half-orc, not only tallest possible for his race but heaviest possible for his height. Now obviously he's a big guy; the 20 Str suggests that even for his race there's a lot of him. But with an above-average Con, he's shouldn't be too obese. Unless his preferred form of combat is to sit on people, I think a weight that's average or slightly above average (for his height) would be more fitting.

I'm nitpicking, of course. Overally, yeah, this looks like a suitable bouncer.

Bront

The man with the probe
I rolled max hight, and did well enough on weight, I said Why not? :)

Honestly, it's more for impressiveness, but I guess he could drop about 80 pounds.

El Jefe

First Post
azmodean said:
[sblock]I'm having problems with this in my home game, where I declared that there would be no violence within the party (trying to manage an evil party), and some of the players keep looking for ways around it(charming, manipulation, etc...). I'm still looking for a better workaround that insures that the group can work as a team despite being evil.[/sblock]
Likewise, I'll sblock.[sblock]You might say that any of the famous dictators of the 20th century, from Lenin to Hitler to Pol Pot to Hussein, had an effective way of keeping evil types working together for a common goal. Whether their methods are applicable to your home game, I couldn't say. But if you had a party member who was 3-4 levels higher than anyone else in the party, or an evil NPC of the same stature who was providing motivation for the party, you could consider it.

I guess it would depend on how the party members feel about rolling up new characters when their old characters get caught with their hands in the cookie jar. :\ [/sblock]

El Jefe

First Post
orsal said:
But does he really need to weigh 438 lb? Or is it even appropriate that he does? By the random height and weight rulse that's a 1-in-5000 half-orc, not only tallest possible for his race but heaviest possible for his height.

Angus MacAskill stood 7'9", and weighed 425 lbs, and he wasn't even half Orc...he was all human, and really lived 150 years ago. Joe's may well be the biggest bar in all of LEW, or at least on the continent, and is unusual in many ways. In a population of 5000 half-orcs, one is bound to be the biggest...I'm not surprised that he would find a home at Joe's.

Velmont

First Post
Where is the problem to have a Fessick in the RDI?

[SBLOCK]Fessick is the giant character in The Princess Bride, played by André the Giant. He was 6'10" (some says more) tall and weight 520 pounds. Gort is small weight compare to him :) [/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

orsal

LEW Judge
El Jefe said:
Angus MacAskill stood 7'9", and weighed 425 lbs, and he wasn't even half Orc...he was all human, and really lived 150 years ago. Joe's may well be the biggest bar in all of LEW, or at least on the continent, and is unusual in many ways. In a population of 5000 half-orcs, one is bound to be the biggest...I'm not surprised that he would find a home at Joe's.

425 lb isn't all that heavy for someone 7'9". Gort is "only" 6'10", but weighs rather more than that.

Bront

The man with the probe
Velmont said:
Where is the problem to have a Fessick in the RDI?

[SBLOCK]Fessick is the giant character in The Princess Bride, played by André the Giant. He was 6'10" (some says more) tall and weight 520 pounds. Gort is small weight compare to him :) [/SBLOCK]
Ok, that's exactly the kind of size and build I was thinking of him. Heck, might be similar personality.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
orsal said:
425 lb isn't all that heavy for someone 7'9". Gort is "only" 6'10", but weighs rather more than that.

It's also nearly a hundred more pounds than Shaq but then again Shaq doesn't have a 20 for his strength. All in all it seems rather reasonable to me espically if its possible to attain such results with the random heigh/weight tables.

Remove ads