Tavern Bouncer

orsal

LEW Judge
Here's something to put Gort into perspective: his body-mass index (BMI) is 45.8 kg/m^2. McCaskill, according to El Jefe's data, had a BMI of 34.5. Anything over 30 is considered obese. So McCaskill was in the obese territory, but not so far out of the ordinary. Now, maybe half-orcs have a somewhat different body type than humans, so let's compare. According to the standard D&D height-weight tables, the average human male is 5'9.5", 175 lb for a BMI of 25.5; the average half-orc male is 5'11.5", 241 lb for a BMI of 33.1. Clearly half-orcs have somewhat higher BMI typically than humans, and are probably healthier with a high BMI than a comparable human. So maybe a BMI of 45 for a half-orc is comparable to mid-30s for a human. (The largest human that can be generated on the table has a BMI of only 32.4, and that is also the maximum possible for a human male.) In that case, Gort's weight doesn't seem that extreme, but I will cling to my earlier statement that he's probably not very healthy.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Bront said:
This has got to be the longest thread I've seen discussing a character's weight.
:lol: So very true. :)

BMI can give some interesting results. Though if you want someone else to compare him to Karl Malone would be a good choice. He’s 6’9 and played at 255 lbs till he was in his forties. With a body fat % that was a single digit.

So yeah I got to say he's a big fat half-orc. :)

But Bront should do with him as he sees fit. :)

Bront

The man with the probe
Hey, he works at Joes, and the foods all free. What do you think would happen to you if you lived in your favorite restraunt and all the food you wanted was free?

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
I don't know... I've always gotten tried of the food at everyplace I've ever worked... :) So with an ugly mug like that I would suggest 1000 setups a day to have any chance with the barmaids. :p

Sparky

I was excited when I first saw the mention of Gath being the bouncer, but now that Gort has been described as Fessick... that's just awesome.

"No more rhyming and I mean it!" ... :)

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Is it just me for is 20 pretty young for a 4th level Half-Orc Bouncer?

Bront

The man with the probe
Actualy, 20 is almost the oldest for a starting fighter. Yeah, maybe he should be like 24.

Obviously, none of this matters. Gort is a master of stealth, as no one has seen him in years in the tavern ;)

El Jefe

First Post
So a halfling, a human, and the biggest half-orc you ever saw walk into this bar, and see a sign that says, "Bouncer Wanted -- See Manager If Qualified".

Remove ads