• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Tactical Combat Module, hasn't it always been there?

Tactical combats can be built in different ways, but I think what most people are thinking when they say they want it back into the game is a combat where battlefield mobility is a factor to consider.

In my opinion, this is pretty hard to pull with the optional rules in the DMG, mainly because you cannot have a lot of tactical mobility without some working flanking rules, which the DMG doesn't have.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Tactical combats can be built in different ways, but I think what most people are thinking when they say they want it back into the game is a combat where battlefield mobility is a factor to consider.

In my opinion, this is pretty hard to pull with the optional rules in the DMG, mainly because you cannot have a lot of tactical mobility without some working flanking rules, which the DMG doesn't have.
Definitely part of it. And opportunity attacks too. And a regular cascade of things all seem to inter relate.

Zardnaar

Legend
Your welcome!

I mean, how else am I gonna have the Party fighter strike down Mook 1, flip over Mook 2 by using it's momentum during the failed "strike", then follow with a Shawn Michael style SWEET CHIN MUSIC kick to take out Mook 2 if Cleaving Through doesn't affect non damaged enemies. Too stylish to pass up.

Gaaaah I watched in the 90's. I'm just a sexy boy.........

You can suffer as well.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I have decided to be a little bit petty. I probably shouldn't, but I find myself rather annoyed and wanting to prove a point.

Mod Note

Your initial read on this was correct - you are being petty, and you shouldn't.

This "calling out" stuff... is kinda junior high school behavior, isn't it? Like, "OMG, a fight under the bleachers after school! If Johnny doesn't show up, he'll be humiliated in front of everyone! Oh noes!"

You really thought this kind of posturing would have a positive effect? Annoyed or not, is this really how you want to present yourself - so prideful that when someone gets things wrong about you, you have to make a big public stink about it? Are you really sure you are proving the point you think you are? Because "I actually did have answers to your quesetions" is not the major message at this point...

Remove ads