• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

StarWars: NEED MORE IMPS

Mirth

Explorer
Folks, I was just kidding. That's what the smiley faces are for. I was just having a little fun with some smack talk - and that's all. I don't mean any of it.

In fact, my character is such the opposite of what I said that it couldn't even be considered IC. So let's all calm down a bit.

Peace and love and all that stuff. May the Force be with you.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

KitanaVorr

First Post
mirthcard said:
Folks, I was just kidding. That's what the smiley faces are for. I was just having a little fun with some smack talk - and that's all. I don't mean any of it.

In fact, my character is such the opposite of what I said that it couldn't even be considered IC. So let's all calm down a bit.

Peace and love and all that stuff. May the Force be with you.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

I"m totally for character to character smack talk, meaning you can bash my character as much as I can bash yours, its condescension that I have a hard time dealing with at the end of the week.

Don't worry, its just the end of the week in a RL job where every day is dealing with sexual discrimination, not from older men (they're perfect gentlemen) but from guys who are my age or younger!(guys your age) Can you believe it?

That "little girl" comment just kinda overflowed my already overflowing tolerance for dealing with male condescending stuff all week. I'm trying to empty it all out so I can begin it with the filling it up for this week.

*sigh*

Just don't want to deal with condescending males in this forum too even if you're joking.

So don't worry. I totally get that you're joking and I'm not usually this sensitive. Just very stressed out with finals and work crunch at the end of the year.

So go ahead and joke with me! Just no condescension while I'm stressed out :)

LOL but feel free to threaten the very obnoxious Meiko all you like!

Jemal

Adventurer
Everyone complaining about finals and work.. I KNOW you're all gonna hate me for saying this, but

GOD I LOVE BEING OUTTA THE RAT-RACE!!!!!!!!!!

KitanaVorr

First Post
Jemal said:
Everyone complaining about finals and work.. I KNOW you're all gonna hate me for saying this, but

GOD I LOVE BEING OUTTA THE RAT-RACE!!!!!!!!!!

I was the stupid one! I couldn't pass up the free graduate degree that my company was paying me to get. I mean its at one of the top engineering schools in the world. How exactly am I gonna say "NO WAY" :)

Ahhh one more year and a half left and I can get this degree. Forget PhD! I need a break from all this school!

EDIT: err one question Jamal, how can you be out of the rat race? Don't you have to work if you're not in school? Unless you're retired?

Last edited:

Dalamar

Adventurer
I'll get a char together as soon as I drop by at Xael's house and 'borrow' his rulebook :D. Aiming for today, otherwise Xael's going to have to scan me some stuff so I can get my char together.

Mirth

Explorer
KitanaVorr said:

I"m totally for character to character smack talk, meaning you can bash my character as much as I can bash yours, its condescension that I have a hard time dealing with at the end of the week.

Don't worry, its just the end of the week in a RL job where every day is dealing with sexual discrimination, not from older men (they're perfect gentlemen) but from guys who are my age or younger!(guys your age) Can you believe it?

That "little girl" comment just kinda overflowed my already overflowing tolerance for dealing with male condescending stuff all week. I'm trying to empty it all out so I can begin it with the filling it up for this week.

*sigh*

Just don't want to deal with condescending males in this forum too even if you're joking.

So don't worry. I totally get that you're joking and I'm not usually this sensitive. Just very stressed out with finals and work crunch at the end of the year.

So go ahead and joke with me! Just no condescension while I'm stressed out :)

LOL but feel free to threaten the very obnoxious Meiko all you like!

I'd like to take the opportunity to apologize for anything that I wrote above that you mistook for an insult.

Just so you know, I'm a married 34 year old man (probably older than you thought) with a 10 month old son and I'm also a bleeding heart liberal feminist. I would never insult a woman (or anyone else for that matter) in the way that you thought I had and I'm sorry if I came off that way. The "little girl" was intended to be a boogey man from a horror movie kind of statement, not a condescending one - at all. Sometimes it's hard to convey tone or inflection on a messageboard.

I've been through grad school (had 3-5 jobs the entire time I was in school too) and I now own my own retail business which is smack-dab in the middle of Xmas season, so I can commiserate with the level of stress that you are under. Good luck :)

I just want to reiterate that I am not your co-workers and I did not mean that comment in the way that you took it, but I am sorry that you felt offended.

Jay

As for IC smack-talk, I'm afraid I can't participate because my character simply wouldn't do that. :)

Last edited:

KitanaVorr

First Post
mirthcard said:

I'd like to take the opportunity to apologize for anything that I wrote above that you mistook for an insult.

Just so you know, I'm a married 34 year old man (probably older than you thought) with a 10 month old son and I'm also a bleeding heart liberal feminist. I would never insult a woman (or anyone else for that matter) in the way that you thought I had and I'm sorry if I came off that way. The "little girl" was intended to be a boogey man from a horror movie kind of statement, not a condescending one - at all. Sometimes it's hard to convey tone or inflection on a messageboard.

I've been through grad school (had 3-5 jobs the entire time I was in school too) and I now own my own retail business which is smack-dab in the middle of Xmas season, so I can commiserate with the level of stress that you are under. Good luck :)

I just want to reiterate that I am not your co-workers and I did not mean that comment in the way that you took it, but I am sorry that you felt offended.

Jay

As for IC smack-talk, I'm afraid I can't participate because my character simply wouldn't do that. :)

Yeah it is insanely hard to convey the correct tone and inflection on message board. It doesn't allow for nonverbal communication.

I don't mean that you can only do IC to IC smack talk! I do plenty of OOC to OOC smack talk myself! Especially about a said gungan and how I'd like to put him in a stew.

You don't have to apologize. This is getting waaaaay more out of hand than I realized it would get. I don't mean for everyone to start walking on their tiptoes on the line of perfect PC posts or to have OOC smack talking to go away! :confused:

Krizzel

First Post
creamsteak said:
(I'd be somewhat suitable to playing an imperial. This game is just diplomatic, not having rules?)

Well, we haven't really gotten far enough for anything other than roleplaying yet, but I think there's going to be some action too. Only Jemal knows for sure, of course.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads