• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Star Wars] The "Obi-Wan is Vader" Hypothesis

Ristamar

Adventurer
PenguinKing said:

As far as I can recall, throughout the whole original trilogy, Vader only ever saw R2D2 when he was in the back of Luke's X-Wing, and he never laid eyes on C3P0 at all. Correct me if I'm wrong, but...

- Sir Bob.

Sure he did, in Empire. The carbon freeze chamber, when Threepio was hanging from Chewbacca's back. Not that it really matters... Threepio's name wasn't mentioned, so there's no reason Vader would think it was the droid he built as a child, unless MAYBE he recognized the voice. And somehow I doubt that all protocol driods have unique voices.

MythandLore

First Post
Crothian said:
How else does Obi Wan forget about him and 3PO by episode 4? :D
He barely saw him in EpII, and will probably do the same in EpIII
nameless said:
The only burning question is how DOESN'T Vader know where his children, his wife, his droids, and his former master are living at the beginning of Ep IV...
He thinks they are on Naboo when it is destroyed in Ep.III?
Ristamar said:
Sure he did, in Empire. The carbon freeze chamber, when Threepio was hanging from Chewbacca's back. Not that it really matters... Threepio's name wasn't mentioned, so there's no reason Vader would think it was the droid he built as a child, unless MAYBE he recognized the voice. And somehow I doubt that all protocol driods have unique voices.
Didn't 3po sees another droid like himself in EpV while in cloud city right before he is destroyed by the Stormtroopers?
Corinth said:
Until Ep3 comes along to say otherwise, there is no protocal droid that acts or sounds as prissy as C3PO does.
Wasn't there a sissy one at the begining of EpI?

Last edited:

Jerrid Al-Kundo

First Post
Okay, I don't have a copy of Episode IV with me (yes, I probably am a heathen), but isn't Obi-Wan rather casual in his conversation with R2D2 when they first encounter each other while Luke's still rendered unconcious? He even understood what R2D2 was chirping...

Snoweel

First Post
Duncan Haldane said:
During EpII I was wondering how come Luke never noticed a certain gravestone at the farm he grew up on mentioning a very familiar name...

Shmi Lars?

What's so familiar about that?

It's the name of his uncle Owen's stepmother.

How would he have known that she was his grandmother too?

(Aren't the Lars/Skywalkers starting to sound like a bunch of hillbillies?)

Hand of Vecna

First Post
a thought occurs...

Has anyone else considered the possibility that Coruscant becomes the first Death Star? I mean, it's already heavily-industrialized, and I noticed at the end when Dooku came to Coruscant a large section of the planet that looked like it could be a "Planet-Buster" cannon....

I don't think Coruscant was mention in SW, tESB, or RotJ....

Snoweel

First Post
I'm pretty sure it wasn't.

Coruscant is a planet and teh Death Star isn't anywhere near that big.

And I'm sure Coruscant is in the canon stories after RotJ.

hong

WotC's bitch
Re: How many times do I have to tell you people....

333 Dave said:
Darth Vader is Anakin Skywalker's CLONE! Think about it, if you were making a clone army, would you leave un-cloned the Chosen One? I mean, just in case you couldn't turn him yourself, you'd want a back up or two. Who knows, maybe there were a dozen Vaders at one point and after a while Palpatine didn't need them all anymore, so he let them all kill each other and let the best one be his right hand.

Or perhaps they're replicants.

I can see it now, in Episode 3: The clone soldiers that featured so prominently in Ep 2 have transmogrified into an endless, unstoppable army of faceless stormtroopers. Anakin leads them, confident that, as the Chosen One and with great Force powers, he is far above the replicants he uses to fulfil his plans, who aren't even human. In the middle of the film, he has a strange, disturbing dream where he sees a unicorn running in a field. He shrugs this off, but the scene gains its true meaning at the film's conclusion, where we see Palpatine toying with an origami sculpture of a unicorn. The clear implication is that Anakin/Vader, like the stormtroopers he leads, is also a replicant.

It'll make millions.

SableWyvern

Adventurer
Re: a thought occurs...

Hand of Vecna said:
Has anyone else considered the possibility that Coruscant becomes the first Death Star? I mean, it's already heavily-industrialized, and I noticed at the end when Dooku came to Coruscant a large section of the planet that looked like it could be a "Planet-Buster" cannon....

I don't think Coruscant was mention in SW, tESB, or RotJ....

Coruscant wasn't mentioned in IV - VI, but it does appear in the celebration scenes at the end of Jedi Spec. Ed.

Remove ads