• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Star Wars] The "Obi-Wan is Vader" Hypothesis

Tom Cashel

First Post
I've been seeing lots of cryptic references to this hypothesis, but I don't see much in the films to back it up. What's the evidence? What's the story?

A2Z

Explorer
nemmerle said:
No, Dude . . R2-D2 is a Jedi Master. There is PLENTY of evidence for this :D

Really. . .
Riiiight... and Padme's Tarkin... wait a minute. I think I'm on to something. :D

Tom Cashel

First Post
Yeah, I kinda figured it was gonna be something like that...

Did you guys hear what happens in Epi. III? The disgraced Jar-Jar sinks into an alcoholic depression and lets his beard grow. Unfortunately, Gungans' beards cover their entire body--when Jar-Jar returns from skid row he has changed his name to (you guessed it)...

"Chewbacca."

Sodalis

First Post
the older anikin is really a clone. If you noticed, ani at ten yrs had straight blonde hair. the 20 yr old ani has wavy hair. That proves that he really died in the pod race on tatooine and the emperor cloned him to lead the jedis into a trap, and also to make a protege for himself.

That would explain why he has grown so quickly in the last couple of films. He was ten, while the princess was 18. Now the princess is twenty, and he is also twenty... how do you account for that? a clone grows and ages at a greater rate than normal humans-

He will eventually grow to become old and withered, but the use of teh force will make him powerful enough to sustain life, even in a withered body. He will then usurp the throne of palpatine and declare himself emperor. Darth vader is a robot he created (like 3po) and transplanted his memory into, but accidentally gave him emotions- which was his weakness...and eventual downfall.

nameless

First Post
Anakin get his hand chopped and replaced by Dooku. Obi-wan did not, in Ep II or Ep IV. Vader on the other hand (no pun intended) was less man than machine. IMO, that puts a switcheroo pretty much out of the question. The only burning question is how DOESN'T Vader know where his children, his wife, his droids, and his former master are living at the beginning of Ep IV...

-nameless

Crothian

First Post
Tom Cashel said:
Yeah, I kinda figured it was gonna be something like that...

Did you guys hear what happens in Epi. III? The disgraced Jar-Jar sinks into an alcoholic depression and lets his beard grow. Unfortunately, Gungans' beards cover their entire body--when Jar-Jar returns from skid row he has changed his name to (you guessed it)...

"Chewbacca."

Actually, I saw in the Official Star Wars Fan Film Awards (great show on sci fi by the way) that there was a discussion between Lucas and Jar Jar that Jar Jar was actually going to be Chewie's father.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads