• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Star Wars] The "Obi-Wan is Vader" Hypothesis

Snoweel

First Post
The only burning question is how DOESN'T Vader know where his children, his wife, his droids, and his former master are living at the beginning of Ep IV...

Yeah, one wonders why he wouldn't think to look on Tatooine - EVERYBODY'S long-lost relatives/friends/Jedi Masters go there to get away from it all/get on the dole/retire.

It's kinda like Australia's Gold Coast.

And don't you think they would've changed Luke's name? Bail was smart enough to do it for Leia. I guess Skywalker's the Tatooine equivalent of Smith.

Now I'm just ruining it for myself...

Dark Helmet

First Post
FireLance said:
Actually, I think Palpatine is Anakin's father.

Shmi might not remember how Anakin was conceived, but she could have been mindwiped. That would make a lot more sense than the whole virgin birth thing.

Just think of it:

Palpatine: "Anakin, I am your father."
Anakin: "Noooo..."

No dood. It's Yoda!!!

Think about it. If you were Shmi, would YOU admit you had sex with a muppet?

I rest my case.

Snoweel

First Post
Well dude, I can't think why she would care about hiding the fact, considering the actress who plays Shmi (Pernilla August), is Swedish - these women feel no shame.

Eryx

First Post
nameless said:
The only burning question is how DOESN'T Vader know where his children, his wife, his droids, and his former master are living at the beginning of Ep IV...

1). I imagine that Obi-Wan hides the children after they are born, perhaps realising that they (at least one) are powerful with the force.
Anakain has turned more to the dark side and Padme agrees with Obi-Wan to do this. In his rage (as he does with the Sand People) Anakin kills Padme for this.

2). Although it's never mentioned in the films (to date) it is established SW canon that every so many years a droid is memory-wiped to prevent it gaining a personality. Luke never bothers to do this with R2 and 3PO.
Theres also a lot of R2 and 3PO model droids around anyway, Vader/Anakin would never know one from another.

3). Obi-Wan is in hiding, and since he hid one child (the most force sensitive) on tatooine, it makes sense for him to hide there as well, to keep an eye on him.

Last edited:

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
mirzabah said:
Boy are you guys slow... Obi Wan, Anakin, Darth Vader, the Emperor, Luke Skywalker, Padme, Princess Leia, Lando Calrissian, Han Solo, Jar Jar, R2-D2, C3PO, Jar Jar and the entire Ewok tribe except for the shaman are all the same person.

Two words: time travel.
Hmm... This would also explain the rumor from the old EN boards - that there were only four real people there, and a couple thousand alt.IDs...

333 Dave

First Post
How many times do I have to tell you people....

Darth Vader is Anakin Skywalker's CLONE! Think about it, if you were making a clone army, would you leave un-cloned the Chosen One? I mean, just in case you couldn't turn him yourself, you'd want a back up or two. Who knows, maybe there were a dozen Vaders at one point and after a while Palpatine didn't need them all anymore, so he let them all kill each other and let the best one be his right hand.
But seriously, Vader can't be Luke's father and have killed Anakin, but he could have been his clone. And why would Obi-Wan lie about the cloning? Why lie about his father in the first place?

Eryx

First Post
Re: How many times do I have to tell you people....

333 Dave said:
But seriously, Vader can't be Luke's father and have killed Anakin, but he could have been his clone.

You've got it wrong. In EP4, when Obi-Wan tells Luke that Vader betrayed and murdered Anakin he was speaking metaphorically. He didn't mean he literally killed him.

Breakstone

First Post
Now here's my nitpick: In Episode 1, Anakin is destined to "bring balance to the force."

But look at the force:

The Good Force includes that entire Council, along with a bunch of Jedi's in Training, right?

The Bad Force includes... 2 guys. Well, actually, at the end it's 1 and 2 halves guys.

More Good, Less Bad. How do we balance this?

HOW COULD THE JEDI BE SO STUPID???

Potential spoiler for EpII....

During EpII I was wondering how come Luke never noticed a certain gravestone at the farm he grew up on mentioning a very familiar name...

PenguinKing

First Post
Eryx said:
Theres also a lot of R2 and 3PO model droids around anyway, Vader/Anakin would never know one from another.
As far as I can recall, throughout the whole original trilogy, Vader only ever saw R2D2 when he was in the back of Luke's X-Wing, and he never laid eyes on C3P0 at all. Correct me if I'm wrong, but...

- Sir Bob.

Remove ads