Sharn Tavern: The Tower's Shard '08

mfloyd3

Explorer
The Dwarven constable's attention seems to have wandered a bit, and Kendra looks over at the elf at the bar.

"I would hear your offer," she says.

krappleby

First Post
The elf, feeling a little more secure, walks over to the table where the burley human sits, and takes a seat, at all times paying close attention to those around him, He then becons accross to kendra to join them "Mind if i take this seat." he proclaims before sitting down.

"As you are no doubt aware, i am a little edgy of late. Im afraid at this moment in time i am a prime target. If you have time, i will tell you of a small tale, and explain why i am in need of your services."

Giving another uncaring shrug as the elf sits, the human gruffly remarks, 'Do as ya like, I would be likin' ta hear who may be after ya a'fore I take the job.'

Glancing away from the elf and over to the young woman dressed in high quality clothing, perhaps a noble of some sort, the soldier shoots Nuria a questioning look.

Graybeard

Explorer
Catching Wulcyne's glance her way, Nuria shrugs. She then picks up her glass and casually strolls over to the table to join him in listening to the Elf's tale. After all, it (usually) doesn't hurt to listen.

I would like to hear your tale as well. I make no promises of joining you yet though. the young woman says as she pulls up a seat.

Then she turns and smiles at the warrior.

Nice to see you again. You're looking well.

Smirking at the young lady's comment, the burly human remarks, 'Well, Wulfcyne Dabo be glad ta see ya too, lass. I be prayin' ta the Sovereigns we ken put our'n differences behind us, ifin' we be travelin' ta'gether 'gain. No doubt, your'n powerful abilities an' keen mind would be a fine boon ta any soldier, an' no foolin'.

With that, Wulfcyne turns his attention to the elf, no doubt curious as to what would have him so spooked.

mfloyd3

Explorer
Kendra makes her way over to the table where the elf and his new companions sit. She nods politely, waiting for this prospective employer to say more.

As the dark haired human limps over toward the table, Wulfcyne looks up, his scarred, grizzled, and square jawed face turning towards the new arrival, stormy eyes narrowing as he calls, 'Hail, I be Wulfcyne o' Breland. Who might ye be, miss? Ye fixin' ta find a job here?'

krappleby

First Post
Kevgretor takes a few moments to look over the small gathering before leaning forward, and proceeding to tell his tale.

"My name is Kevgretor Arborshale, I am just a wealthy noble from a long lineage of elves, who enjoys forays into the unknown. I am no fighter, or magic user, or anything like that, I just enjoy embarking on trips which will produce some unique relics.

Several weeks ago I returned from one of these trips with a very special item, which I still have in my possession. I was hoping that I could keep it quiet, but for some unknown reason someone has found out and now my life is in danger.

I am afraid, someone is out to kill me and obtain it for their own benefit, I cannot allow that. Therefore I am in need of protection. I have a contract to deliver the goods to a close friend of mine in a few days time, and until that time I am in need of some strong arms, to protect me. For reasons that you may or may not understand, I can not divulge what it is I own, but suffice is to say that it Is a very important find and as such I have been requested not to tell anyone about it. "

The elf turns to face the human " In answer to your question, I know not of whom is trying to finish me off, however to date I have been extreemely lucky. Too many accidents have arisen in the last 48 hours, for me to ponder walking the streets alone again. At least until I have completed the task at hand. "

He looks round the bar before continuing "If you are interested in work that will be rewarding then I can provide that. I cannot tell you much more than I have, but if you have any questions feel free to ask them. I will answer what I can"

He looks once again around the bar, before returning his gaze to the group waiting for a response.

Wulfcyne listens intently before giving a final decisive nod and donning his battered rounded half helm, replying, 'Yer job sounds like it be for me, jus' a pair o' questions, if ye please; First, ifin' ye canna tell us what the item be, then can ye tell us where ye found it? Second, jus' how long d'ya need ta be body gaurded fer?'

Turning darkly intense narrowed eyes upon the elf, the old soldier calmly awaits a reply.

krappleby

First Post
Kevgretor looks into the dark intence eyes and gulps. “I believe you will be of great help. What be your name?” he asks.

“As I said in my short story, I cannot tell you what it is I own until the time is right, you will see it soon enough, only that it is in a safe and secure place until the designated drop off, which is in three days. I will need your services until the item is safely delivered”
He waits a few moments pondering in thought before continuing “I obtained it during a trip to an underground well deep within the Xendrik Forests, a location which was recently discovered, during a routine aerial patrol ended in disaster. I was given information on the location and asked to retrieve the fallen crew, as well as the object.”
With that he sits back, once again scanning the room checking each individual. Before returning back to the group gathered.

Remove ads