• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Send In The Clowns… (or, Converting the Oddballs)

Cleon

Legend
Probably, but I don't feel like we should leave it completely empty.

Hmm...

Donald duck is a toon. The toons are a bizarre form of being that resemble three-dimensional painting come alive, although they are as solid as a normal creature. They are apparently immortal and indestructible, at most any damage to them merely mangles their bodies temporarily before it springs back into its original shape. Toons feel hunger and enjoy the taste of food, but do not need to eat or breathe. A "hungry" toon can stay hungry indefinitely without weakening from starvation.

Donald is a footloose wanderer with a hair-trigger temper and a low boredom threshold. A sailor by trade, he's had many jobs, most of which ended in disaster due to his carelessness. He sometimes hires himself out as a mercenary fighter, guardsman, or monster hunter. Donald has three young nephews, "toon ducks" like himself.

Donald duck is X tall and weighs Y pounds.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
That'll work. He seems a bit short, so 5-1/2 ft, but a tad rotund. On the other hand, he's a bird, so he should be lighter. 125 lb?

Cleon

Legend
I'd better check whether it gave a height and weight in the original Dragon article.

Okay, I've checked Dragon 60 and it doesn't give a height or weight.

5'6" seems a bit too tall - Donald's pretty short compared to most of the anthropomorphic Toons he interacts with.

Maybe 5' or 5'3"?

Cleon

Legend
Okay, I've checked Dragon 60 and it doesn't give a height or weight.

5'6" seems a bit too tall - Donald's pretty short compared to most of the anthropomorphic Toons he interacts with.

Maybe 5' or 5'3"?

Okay, Dragon 48 has stats for Daffy Duck that say he's 4'10".

Donald Duck ought to be about the same height, surely. Is he taller or shorter than Daffy? Considering the spluttering outrage either of them would unleash on us if we make the other a "superior" height, I think we'd better make Donald 4'10" too.

I'll worry about the weight later.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Nonetheless, he's a bird. :p How about 70lb weight? That's just underweight for a 4ft 10in male by BMI.

Cleon

Legend
I do not remember Donold ever flying outside of being in an airplane. Daffy I think did, once.

Daffy flew in quite a few of his early cartoons, if I remember rightly, but lost the ability as the character evolved to become less kwazy and ducklike.

It's a bit beside the point, since this version of Donald doesn't fly.

Remove ads