• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Send In The Clowns… (or, Converting the Oddballs)

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Let's go with a +2 racial bonus to the scorpion dog poison DC. As for the damage, I'm kind of ambivalent. We could go with 1d4/1d4 as a compromise (that's like a large monstrous scorpion, for whatever that's worth).

Cleon

Legend
Let's go with a +2 racial bonus to the scorpion dog poison DC. As for the damage, I'm kind of ambivalent. We could go with 1d4/1d4 as a compromise (that's like a large monstrous scorpion, for whatever that's worth).

I would go along with +2 racial and 1d4/1d4 Con.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Updated.

Environment: Any land?

Challenge Rating: 3?

Advancement: x

A scorpion venom dog is 4 to 6 feet long and weighs x to x pounds. (100 to 300?)

Shade

Monster Junkie
In that case, all that remains is the training section. These aren't as easy to train, so should entail the usual +4 DC boost for being a magical beast. Suggested prices for pups and training? (I don't believe these lay eggs)

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Agreed on the +4 magical beast DC boost. Increase prices by a factor of 2 to correspond to the increased CR?

Cleon

Legend

This all looks good to me except I think the maximum weight is too high for a typical venom dog.

Apart from the scorpion tails these beasts are the size (and presumably weight) of a mastiff, and a large dog very seldom weighs more than 150-175 pounds, or about the weight of a man.

I'd change the weight range to 100-200 pounds.

Remove ads