• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[SCI-FI-esque] Sign ups (Full) The World of Avalon

Priest

First Post
Inez go ahead and post it over in the Rogue Gallery Post of mine the link is in one of my posts above.

And yeah I will send you a forward of what I sent Dalamar

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
I do have a couple of questions, so I can detail my character's backround better: What's the territory around the Gap like? Where do the Drovers go, and what do they carry? How, and where do they live, and what's their culture like? Who raids them, and what species are they? And who speaks what languages?

Thanks a lot.

Edit: More questions occured to me.

What religions are there? I'm not planning on playing a cleric, but I'd like to know who my character would worship. :)

How are race relations? Who hates who, who is OK with who, etc. You talked some of that before, but I'd like to know more.

Edit 2: Another question!

Naming conventions- do you have any made, or should we just do what we like?

Last edited:

Priest

First Post
What's the territory around the Gap like?

Stony soiled plain, until just before the gap where there isn't much in the way of life other than some hardy earthlife grasses, and the occasionall earthlife fox or rabbit.

Then you have Gap's edge, and the Bandits of course.

Where do the Drovers go, and what do they carry?

The Drovers are sketchy about what they tell to the Settler stalk but they will tell you they go to the mainland, and that all folk caught trying to follow them across the isthmus of Larn get shot.

They carry trade goods, settler magic's, medicines, they carry back tobacco, and canvas, and fish, artwork, and anything they find that is amussing (sometimes they will bring brightly hued gems, and trade them for Settler's Blue ( a exotic whiskey), or for Sherbert.

Drovers are notoriously promiscuous for Shirani ( and unlike the main type every Drover carries a gun)

where do they live, and what's their culture like?

They live off their wagons travelling down the long endless road that crosses even the isthmus. They are very clan like and most Settlers have come to distinguish the markings of each Drover clan coming into town.

Who raids them?

Bandits, and Jur-Galanar, and other Avalonlife

what species are they?
Shirani or a variant form of that anyway, they carry guns and have a few other small differences. Though some of those that make up a Drovers Caravan are obviously of Settler Stalk, and some are Kahmian, though if asked they say that they to have never crossed the Isthmus of Larn, but tell tales of places unheard of. Most frequently heard is the Name Baytown, and the Haunted Harbor, they also tell tales of a strange folk that live upon sailing ships, a folk they say look much as the Kahme but odd, they always call them the "Sirens" giving the haunting songs that can be heard from the Drovers Wagons when one of Sirenships is along the beach road north of the gap.

And who speaks what languages?

Kahme speak Kahmian, and Intralingua
Shirani, speak Shirra, Kahmian, and Intralingua
Settlers speak Interlingua, and Shirra
Glund speak glundi, and underlingua ( a rough form of Intralingua)

The Drovers speek most every language capable of being spoke.

What religions are there? I'm not planning on playing a cleric, but I'd like to know who my character would worship.

As a Settler (if you still intend to play one) you are a Devout follower of the Holy book of Hensa, a teaching much like that of Hinduism meets Islam though Woman are reverred, and unmarried men, and women must where a Ziabet (veil) in public, or in private company with an unmarried person of the other sex.

Drovers worship Limyra the Night Traveless, and most wear a fetish (necklace) of her by there hearts always, they set up shrines to her at most of the routine stops the Drovers make which usually means they errect a well and give here luck offerings for a smooth passage from one place to the next

Though the also worship Glynna the Lady of Fertility

Shirra are like druids worshiping no one god or godess but reverring all life, and treating every bird, and every stone as if it too had a spirit.

Kahme worship the Bringers, and revere the Shirra as the Descendence of the Bringers it is quite common to see a Shirani scholar with a following of Kahmians around them, this applies to the Drovers also.

How are race relations? Who hates who, who is OK with who, etc. You talked some of that before, but I'd like to know more.

No one hates anyone per se but there is sometimes bad blood between Shirani, and Settlers, and some times between Shirani, and Drovers.

Glunds are looked at as a good slow workforce by Settlers, and as wise natives by Shirani

The Kahme are a peaceful bunch politically playing to everyones needs but staying emotionally aloof to the Settler stalk.

Glunds dislike Settlers, tolerate Kahme, and if trustful will make friends with Drovers, and Shirani, there are a number of them to be found in the Drovers Caravans who will not speak with Settlers at all but are of a different type than the locals speaking in a different variation of Glundi, and an occasional scuffle between the two variations occurs in or around the settler's lands.

Naming convensions none that I would force on you regular names like Thomas, or Mathew are common right along side names such as Najar ab-Shareem, or Turzak Volmar

Though as a Settler, which First Walker blood you have in you is important as you may very well be a noble blooded Settler ( I.E. the names of the First Walkers above) so you may want to create a little bit of geneology for your character

Timothy

First Post
My char is not done yet, don't have much time to create chars, although I STILL like this game. (I'll probarly get to it tomorrow, but that's a maybe)

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
What Dalamar said. Stats are easy, backround I'm still working on. I should learn not to make promises to get something done in a few days when school is just resuming. :rolleyes:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads