• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Recruitment for WoT: "Hunt for the Horn"

garyh

First Post
ToddSchumacher said:

1 Start at 4th level, stats generated with the "standard array": 15,14,13,12,10,8 then the +1 to any one for 4th level. Starting wealth...hmmm...how about max starting?

2. Maeren is a Green.

3. Ogier are just fine.

Good on the Green and the Ogier...

Once more question about the starting wealth... since we're starting at 4th level, do we get the 5,400 GP (or gold marks, I guess it'd be) listed in the DMG (I couldn't find starting wealth for PC's above 1st level guidelines in the WoT RPG), or do we get the max gold possible from our first class level?

I'm toying with three ideas: 1) the above-mentioned Ogier Wanderer/Woodsman, 2) a Borderlander Woodsman/Wilder (male), or 3) an Aes Sedai Accepted (not sure wilder or initiate). Still pondering, and wondering what others are interested in playing.

Dorn Tavers

First Post
I was thinking about playing either an Ogier or Borderlander woodsman, but I'm extremely flexible. If you have a preference for one of those two, Gary, I'll be more than happy to take the other. And if two woodsmen is too many for the party, I can always switch classes to Wanderer or Armsman. I'm not picky. :)

Last edited:

garyh

First Post
Dorn Tavers said:
I was thinking about playing either an Ogier or Borderlander woodsman, but I'm extremely flexible. If you have a preference for one of those two, gary, I'll be more than happy to take the other. And if two woodsmen is too many for the party, I can always switch classes to Wanderer or Armsman. I'm not picky. :)

Dorn, I could go with the Ogier and you could go with the Borderlander. To make sure they have some role distinction, my Ogier could be a skills-y Wanderer/Woodsman, and your Borderlander could be a combat-y Woodsman-Armsmen.

We do need a channeler, though, and I wouldn't mind going the Aes Sedai route, leaving the woodsman-ing completely to you.

Besides, WoT is all about Aes Sedai!! I can even start practicing my indignant sniffing. ;)

EDIT: If I go Aes Sedai, she and your Borderlander could even be AS/Warder to be... Just thinkin' out loud.

Last edited:

Dorn Tavers

First Post
Gary,

You have some good ideas there. I will go ahead and start working up a Borderlander woodsman. If you decide to go the Aes Sedai route, then the Aes Sedai/Warder aspect would probably be fun and interesting to play. Of course, having an Ogier in the group would be fun as well. Whatever you decide, it sounds like this is shaping up to be an interesting group of characters. :)

ToddSchumacher

I like to draw!
garyh said:

Good on the Green and the Ogier...

Once more question about the starting wealth... since we're starting at 4th level, do we get the 5,400 GP (or gold marks, I guess it'd be) listed in the DMG (I couldn't find starting wealth for PC's above 1st level guidelines in the WoT RPG), or do we get the max gold possible from our first class level?

This is NOT D&D, and much of the wealth in the DMG assumes that it would be spent on Magic Items, I'd say just go with MAX starting wealth for 1st level, that should be enough to get any item you may need.

Paragon Badger

First Post
Ok, I'll probably go Armsman or Wanderer depending on whether the others take the Aes Sedai route or Woodsman route. For background I'm thinking Tar Valoner or Domani. If no one else does Aes Sedai I might do that for balance.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads