• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Recruitment] ECL 9 (Demunched)FR Underdogs Campaign

Paragon Badger

First Post
I posted a (hopefully) final version of Alcar. All that's left is Spell Prepared. It is in Randomness . Also I put up a couple quick banners for Alcar. When I get more time at home I'll do something cool like Ubaar's banner and add it to my sig :cool:

That brings up a question. What is this campaign going to be named? FR Underdogs Campaign? My suggestions are Against the Storm (Tying in the main villan) OR War in the North (simple, to the point) OR Requiem of the North (relating the fall of the Silver Marches and using Requiem, which is a cool word :D ) OR just ignore my ramblings!

DM_Matt

First Post
reapersaurus said:
DM_Matt - is it more likely that Ubaar would be hanging out with the last of the free Uthgardt tribes up North?
I was thinking he would have been sent out to see what the status with the rest of the world was like, as the goblinoid army swept down south.

So he would have been fighting for Good in the southlands, building support for a Northern push, gathering his own Strength, riches, and (hopefully likely) reputation.

I like the Medium Armor rule - now if Hide armor just wan't so sucky. ;)
I'll just have normal Ceratopsian Hide Armor right now, hopefully Ubaar can get it enchanted soon to be like Rhino Hide Armor.

And I post lots, normally - all times of day... work, home...

Ok. Ubaar is away adventuring somewhere in the North, but still has ties to the Uthgardt tribes. Thats all you'll need.

dead_radish

Explorer
Changed it again. ;)

With the +2 armor choice, I'm going to go with +1 Leather armor of Shadows (damn that +1 required enhancement!).

DM_Matt: Did you take a look at that prestige class? I'm either going to give Elone precise shot or rapid shot, mainly depending on whether or not she has a chance at moving in to it - if so, precise (it's a pre-req). If not, rapid shot (prefer that).

Alcar and/or I will be putting up our backstory soon.

I'll put up a spells prepared tomorrow as well.

Last edited:

garyh

First Post
Paragon Badger said:
That brings up a question. What is this campaign going to be named? FR Underdogs Campaign? My suggestions are Against the Storm (Tying in the main villan) OR War in the North (simple, to the point) OR Requiem of the North (relating the fall of the Silver Marches and using Requiem, which is a cool word :D ) OR just ignore my ramblings!

I like Against the Storm. Very nice.

That's why he's a PARAGON Badger... :D

reapersaurus

Explorer
DM_Matt said:
Ok. Ubaar is away adventuring somewhere in the North, but still has ties to the Uthgardt tribes. Thats all you'll need.
umm... huh?
Aren't the Uthgardts that are still free in the North?

So do you think Ubaar would have been adventuring south as the armies swept down from the north?
Where are we going to be having this adventure located?

If it's in the south, shouldn't Ubaar be down south?
I'm confused, a tad. :confused:

DM_Matt

First Post
reapersaurus said:
umm... huh?
Aren't the Uthgardts that are still free in the North?

So do you think Ubaar would have been adventuring south as the armies swept down from the north?
Where are we going to be having this adventure located?

If it's in the south, shouldn't Ubaar be down south?
I'm confused, a tad. :confused:

What I mean is that you are off tribal lands, but still adventuring somewhere in the North. That is sufficient to get you to meet up with the party.

Paragon Badger

First Post
Glad you liked the name! I'll have to make a banner with the title.

Here are my Domains and Spells Prepared. I'll update the web page later and post in the Rogue's Gallery (right now I'm at work).

Domains: Plant, Renewal

0 -lvl:
Detect Magic x2
Light x2
Read Magic
Guidance

1st:
Divine Favor x2
Bless
Shield of Faith x2
Obscuring Mist
Domain: Entangle

2nd:
Bull's Strength x2
Hold Person
Sound Burst
Spritual Weapon
Domain: Barkskin

3rd:
Dispel Magic
Meld into Stone
Searing Light x2
Domain: Plant Growth

4th:
Summon Monster IV (Arrowhawk :D )
Air Walk
Dismissal
Domain: Control Plants

reapersaurus

Explorer
DM_Matt said:
What I mean is that you are off tribal lands, but still adventuring somewhere in the North. That is sufficient to get you to meet up with the party.
Cool - I guess we'll be playing in the North then? :)

edit:
I'd guess that the surviving Uthgardt tribes would have been fighting this army for quite some years now.

So I'd have Ubaar have been involved with the protection of the tribes, and have seen entire tribes wiped out by the aggressiveness of this army.
Ubaar would not harbor as much ill will to the goblinoids.
He WOULD harbor much ill will towards the extra-planar creatures and 'alien' influences.

What interactivity would Ubaar have had with the leader of the Raven tribe? (The guy who fought the armies AND saw the fabled baby?)

Last edited:

Paragon Badger

First Post
Initial Location (Alcar/Elone)

This is the initial location post for both Alcar and Elone.

As has been stated earlier, Elone is in a group of defenders seeking to protect the High Forest from Storm's army. The defenders of the wood have organized into guerilla military units seeking to defend sensitive parts of the wood and to harass Storm's forces. The patron dieties of the woods have sent word to allied dieties that help is needed. Silvanus answered the call by sending his faithful from the defended Neverwinter area, including Alcar, to the High Forest.

Upon arriving in the High Forest the faithful of Silvanus were integrated into the guerilla units. It was determined Alcar's abilities would compliment Elone's and they were grouped in a unit. Elone and Alcar have gained for respect for each other since they both work toward the common goal of defending Nature.

(dead_radish feel free to change/enhance any parts of this you want.)

OOC: One interesting things from dead_radish's and mine communcations was the Bear/Hawk theories of fighting. Alcar (the bear) isn't likely to sneak up on you but he's strong enough it doesn't matter. Elone (the hawk) won't be seen until you're being attacked (preferably by a flight of arrows). I thought the animal analogies were appropriate considering the characters :D

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads