• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Recruitment] ECL 9 (Demunched)FR Underdogs Campaign

Paragon Badger

First Post
Alright! :D *badger dance*

Reapersaurus: You know if Heromachine 2.0 is going to be a free product like the first one, or not? I know that you can get in the beta for $10 but I wasn't sure about the final product.

garyh

First Post
DM_Matt said:
Tank Fighters:
garyh as Akharos El-Rhazad, Male half-brass dragon Fighter6

Woo hoo!! I'm in!!

On a side note, Akharos is Half-Copper. Easy way to remember: Akharos is from the desert of Mulhorand. Coppers live in deserts. :p

dead_radish

Explorer
Echoin' woo-hoos.

Now I need to read over the other chars.

Few questions:

1. Are we starting as a unit, as allies, in small groups, or individually?

2. Will this be moving to a new thread soon?

3. What do the players in the game expect their posting averages to be? I'm online 9 hours a day (during the day at work) 5 days a week, and then off and on during my weekends. I can post fairly regularly during my work days, and semi-regularly during my off days (3-6 times a day)

4. DM_Matt: Would you let me substitute a few of my items for Create Magic Tattoo spells, with permancy? If so, what would that cost? I'm thinking that I want to swap a pearl of power for a tattoo that does the same, and possibly a couple others....

Looking forward to the game!

garyh

First Post
dead_radish said:
3. What do the players in the game expect their posting averages to be? I'm online 9 hours a day (during the day at work) 5 days a week, and then off and on during my weekends. I can post fairly regularly during my work days, and semi-regularly during my off days (3-6 times a day)

I'm online... basically when I'm not in class. :D So, I can post many, many times a day. There are occassional weekends when I'm out of town and off the internet, but I can give warning of that on that on the OOC thread and just have Akharos follow orders.

DM_Matt

First Post
dead_radish said:
Echoin' woo-hoos.

Now I need to read over the other chars.

Few questions:

1. Are we starting as a unit, as allies, in small groups, or individually?

2. Will this be moving to a new thread soon?

4. DM_Matt: Would you let me substitute a few of my items for Create Magic Tattoo spells, with permancy? If so, what would that cost? I'm thinking that I want to swap a pearl of power for a tattoo that does the same, and possibly a couple others....

Looking forward to the game!

4. To replace an item with a tattoo should be double cost to not take up a slot, and more to be not easily taken from you (another 50% maybe) HOWEVER, powerful magic tattoos in the Realms are a Red Wizards of Thay thing, so, at least for now, they are not something that a character can just declare they have.

3. I don;t know what the posting average will be. We'll play it by ear.

2. Yes, we will be moving to a new thread soon.

1. (Most important)

If any of you guys want to start out with any other of you guys, post how you know each other and where you are/what you are doing currently. I will then begin the game and find a way to bring all the individuals and small groups together.

garyh

First Post
Akharos' intro...

Having been raised by the church of Anhur in Mulhorand, Akharos has served the Falcon of War since he came of age. Though not cut ought to be a priest, he has served in his own way by being a sergent in the Mulhorandi army. Akharos spent time in the Unther campaign, and now that a new conflict, sparked by Tiamat, has arisen in the North, his Anhurrian superiors have sent him forth to investigate the rumours and determine if they will pose a threat to Mulhorand and the General of the Gods.

So, anyone want to meet Akharos on the road north from Mulhorand?

Last edited:

dead_radish

Explorer
Hmm. K. I was thinking permancy on the "Create Magic Tattoo" spell, as opposed to a Red Wizard's tattooing. But mainly it was just a style thing. ;) I'll probably try to get them added during the game at some point.

Rozi/Badger - seems like we'd be the most likely to at least know each other - want to try to work out a back story? If so (or if anyone else wants to), email me - dead_radish@mac.com

DM_Matt

First Post
Some preliminary House Rules/Rule Changes that you should be aware of. Some of these may result in equipment changes:

Characters die at -Con instead of -10, if their Con is greater than 10.

Raising the dead is a more difficult matter than getting a mid to high level cleric to cast a spell. It requires special circumstances

I can see that most of this party is wearing Mitheril chain Shirts. This has pushed me over the border towards reducing the speed penalty for medium armor to a 5 reduction as opposed to a 10. If you wish, you may change your equipment accordingly.

Similarly, +2 Armor, whose material costs push it over the 4k limit, is now allowed.

Although no one currently has these feats, the DOTF feats that require a use of a turn undead do not cost an action to activate.

Mage Armor counts as armor for purposes of stacking with a shield.

Item making may be more difficult in the future.

garyh:
Current Situation in Mulhorand. Once thought to be a dying empire, Mulhorand is rapidly being rejuvenated. After the god-kings lost control of Mulhorand and Unther, Pharaoh Horustep III and his wife, the mercenary captain Kendera (both Paladins) came to power. They invaded and seized control of Unther, where they are actively opposed by the church of Tiamat (Unther is one of the few places outside of Storm's horde where people worship her directly). Due to the absence of the army, which is busy occupying Unther, and the abnormally influential queen, primogeniture and laws preventing women from working outside the home have been abolished. These reforms, and the successful conquest of Unther have led to an economic boom in Mulhorand.

Paragon Badger

First Post
I'm probably going to change Alcar a little in light of a couple of these rules (which I like BTW esp. the medium armor thing). When do you want a final character by? Also how is dice rolling handled in a PBP? Honor system?

garyh

First Post
DM_Matt said:
garyh:
Current Situation in Mulhorand...

Thanks for the details, Matt. All nice logical extensions of the FRCS and FR:F+P info.

And no Mithril shirts for me!! +1 Full Plate, styled with draconic themes and copper accents for Akharos!!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads