• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OT] Where are you from???

Dungannon

First Post
Don't let Sniktch fool you, he doesn't really do anything at work. :) And before you go on about who's got the worse job, lemme say two words, "Guest Plus". HAH!

As for who I am, I'm a 31 yo gamer, orignally from the Seattle area now living in a li'l backward burg on the East Coast. Married with two sons: Devon, 20 months and Dakota 7 months. And I work at the same MEGA CC PROCESSING CO. as Sniktch, doing pretty much the same job but not quite.

GWolf

First Post
Sending out an SoS

(^ or so the song goes.)

13 Male Human Living on Long Island NY. I seem to be the only gamer in Nassua County.....

Viking Bastard

Adventurer
Þórarinn Björn Sigurjónsson (Try pronouncing THAT! Bwahahah!!)

19 years old.

I live in Reykjavik, Iceland.

Been RPGing since I was eight.

I'm addicted to stories of all kinds in all mediums (TV, Books, Comics, movies whatever).

I'm the webmaster for the Daemonforge site.

and... uh... yeah.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Janos Audron said:
sport? is't that the part with running, sweating and getting tired? I think I like messageboards better...

[you should've seen what that guy posted in the 3rd IR :eek: :eek: :eek: ]

Are you refering to Anabster? Ah, the local "fruit" :rolleyes:... He called himself that, not me.

No he's talking about me and what I posted in dutch in one of the threads. Janos and I had about 5 posts in a row each concerning things Eric Gandma doesn't like =] But in Dutch so we laughed our asses off and got away with it. Well actually. I got away with what I did =]

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Hey, this looks like it's becoming the 'BIO OF A GAMER' thread.OK

As I said 33 Male, San Francisco, single.
Blue hair and I wear way too much black.
Gemini, fave color yellow, (currently like 2 girls, dodging 3 others (ACK!).
Floor Manager in a prominent SF Nightclub.
I also sell games online (URL not included, because this is a games thread, not somewhere to advertise my other business).
Former general Manager for a very well respected games store chain here in California, but retail was driving me crazy (POKEMON!).

2 Cats; Sir Percival Xavier Saparilla Abercrombie Boggs III, Esquire...and baby Squishy (yes, she's huge and fat...er...'voluptuous'.
I raise Praying Mantids as well, although this is a horrible climate for them.

Film: Anything with Zombies,spaghetti westerns,zombies, monty python (what a shock),Aliens, anything with Carey Grant,Erol Flynn,Basil Rathbone,Zombies,Hawk the Slayer (yeah!!!),Zombies or Spinal Tap. Oh, and I love ZOmbie Movies (even the horrible ones, like 'Hell of the Living Dead').

Music:It's a 3 fold thing. Death/Black Metal, Industrial and Classical Music (which infected me at about age 6 with 'Danse Macabre' at Hallowe'en in first grade music class.
Death/Black Metal:Nile,Strapping Young Lad,
Hate Eternal, Dimmu Borgir,The Berzerker,Borknagar, Emperor, Origin,Messugah,and even cheesy Cradle of Filth (they are funny).
Iv'e played guitar for (counts)17+ years.

Industrial:Skinny Puppy, Front 242, Frontline Assembly,Wumpscut,Haujobb,Ministry (even though they haven't put out a decent release in 8+ years),Scorn, Download.

Classical:Saint-Saens, Tchaikovsky,Mussorgsky,Wagner,Pagannini,Vivaldi,
Bottecini,Bach,Mozart,Rimsky-Korsakov.Haybn,Liszt.Most anything, really (I'm not big on Brahms).

Gaming since I was 11 (1980). DMed for most of that time. I can count on fingers and toes how many characters Iv'e actually raised past level 10 inall those years,such was the DMing/getting to be a player discrepancy. I'm not complaining, though, I love GMing. I left D&D in 1987, vowing 'never to play that horrible muddled game again'. Moved on to Rolemaster(Chartmaster)/Middle Earth Role Playing, WFRP(Back when Games Workshop cared about good games, instead of just constantly redoing the same old stuff over and over)and Stormbringer.Ironically, when I started working at the aforementioned game store, I rarely played any RPG games.I came back from my (3 year) gaming hiatus to a world of Magic TG, Vampire the Masquerade and Star Wars, none of which really grabbed me. I got fully into miniatures gaming (I have over 5,000 figures, about 10% of which are painted), playing Warzone,Chronopia,Pirates! and the Gwar game. Anthony Valterra used to shop at my store when he lived in the Bay Area, and he said 'I'm moving to Seattle, to work for WizardsotCoast.D&D is going to be HUGE!! I laughed, 'that dead old game?Hah!. Silly me...
Well, I went to the Open House that Wizards gave here in the Bay Area(work function),expecting to be bored, got into a sample game. I said 'As long as I don't have a crossbow, I might do 1D4 Oh Boy!!! (I have reral crossbows and they are rather deadly things). A Rep said 'Um, D&D has changed, you might be suprised'. I snickered, Oh yeah, maybe I'll do 1D4+1!Maybe I can wound a kobold!. I sat down saying 'as long as I'm not female or a halfling...and I got Lidda, with a crossbow.
I rolled a crit against a Kobold (Honestly) and did 14 points of damage. The Rep smiled, I said 'OK, I'll play it, and here I am 2+ years later.

Oh yes, I have a fondness for Parenthetical insertions, and the Ellipsis (which is the name of one of my fledling music projects...)

Did I mention that I like Zombies?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads