• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OT] This week's Buffy [WARNING SPOILERS!]

A2Z

Explorer
Barendd Nobeard said:
Buffy goes to stop them, but can't seem to beat Warren. Short guy of evil trio grab her but whispers in her ear, "destory his orbs." Buffy grabs Warren's belt pouch (I presume, with orbs inside) and smashes it.
When Jonathan said: "Smash his orbs" I was certain they were going to make a joke about it. You know. ;)

On another note. Buffy was shot. We know she's back next week so I wonder how they're going to deal with that. Maybe she's immortal now? That'd be kind cool(weird?). I mean the girl has died and gone to heaven already. Maybe she didn't come back 'wrong' but 'right'. :)

Florin

First Post
Well, Joss has said that he likes to tie up all the loose ends at the end of each season, as if it was going to be the series finale instead of the season finale. He's said that Willow will no longer be a junkie. He's also said that next year will be more like Year One.

So, the loose ends that need to be tied up are:
  • Willow being all dark magicy.
  • Xander's and Anya's relationship.
  • Spike and Buffy.
  • Warren.

We'll start with Warren. I have a feeiling that Willow will either kill him, or Buffy will save him from Willow, and he will be turned over to the police.

Spike and Buffy. I figure Spike won't be back the rest of the season. I see two futures, he gets his chip removed, continues to be a good guy over the summer, and comes back to Buffy to prove how nice of a guy he really is. *Blech* is all I have to say about that. Second future: He gets the chip removed, he returns to his evil ways, he comes back to hurt Buffy.

Xander and Anya... They'll go back to dating until they are ready to get hitched.

Willow, Willow, Willow... I think Tara is dead and will stay dead. The preview for next week made it look like whatever Power Willow was trying to bargain with wasn't accepting, which is why she goes after Warren. So, it's up to the remaining Scoobies to snap Willow out of her rampage. I expect a sappy "this isn't want Tara would want, is it?" speech that leaves Willow sobbing.

As for next season, I see Willow not having magic, ala Year One. I see Xander and Anya dating. I see Buffy without a love interest, but with a real evil to fight again, maybe Spike. Eh, I don't know what to think about Dawn. I do see a return to more lethal and evil monsters as opposed to Life being the big bad of the episode.

Florin

First Post
A2Z said:
On another note. Buffy was shot. We know she's back next week so I wonder how they're going to deal with that. Maybe she's immortal now? That'd be kind cool(weird?). I mean the girl has died and gone to heaven already. Maybe she didn't come back 'wrong' but 'right'. :)

Slayers heal fast. I don't think we saw her in many high-action sequences in the preview, so she might still be injured but have partial use of the arm.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
As Spike himself put it, he has two options - be a monster or be a man. That means getting the chip removed, or pissing off a gypsy to get a soul.

I doubt getting a soul will help, though. One does not fogive attempted rape easily. Xander was quite willing to go out and kill Spike. Buffy isn't likely to let him off, either. His actions have ruined his ability to have a relationship with Buffy, and I expect Spike realizes this.

He doesn't need to get the chip out to hurt Buffy directly. But he needs it done to really be a monster. Note that this would be coming full circle for Spike, a return to the beginning. If you think back to the circumstances of his becoming a vampire in the first place, it looks like deja vu all over again. :)

VoceNoctum1

First Post
I didn't like the attempted Rape, because it really served to "weaken" Buffy in that circumstance. I'm sure she didn't expect it, but her reactive power as the slayer should have easily allowed her to gain ground.

I figure Willow will somehow "burnout" her magic, and have none left.

I didn't like the gun scene, for the simple reason that it was ill-concieved, rushed, and didn't fit with the tone of the show.

A rifle would have been better, seeing him off in the distance as Buffy and Tara hugged. "oh, I'm so glad you two are back toge.." ::BLAM!::

The episode kind of dragged really. Spike's "accidental" rape should have been done with a Demon Face on IMO. I guess they wanted to make it seem like his human side did it, but it would have been better had the implication been that it was linked to his Demon/ Animal.

The orb's were silly, as was the whole demon skin thing. The jet packs were cool, as was hitting the roof :)
Missing the "break his orbs" commentfor a follow up joke was not right!

ghettognome

First Post
I have been watching Buffy since the very first episode in the very first season, and only have missed like 2 episodes total. I have followed the character development and had been totally impressed at how the show developed. I could tell that it was starting to run out, and am not surprised that next season is the last season. This weeks Buffy had me sitting with my jaw to the floor. Totally intense. This show never fails to have me second guessing what is going to happen.
The whole Spike thing upset me since he was the best character IMO, I do think he is probably going to try and find a way to get that chip out since he seems to think that it being there is what is making him feel the way that he does. Who knows, maybe he will find Drucilla and they will go on like they used to, or was she killed the last time she came into Sunnydale? Was so long ago. I absolutely cannot wait until next week's episode!
As far as Angel goes, I missed that episode, his son is back? Is he grown up now? That is what I predicted would happen if they got him back, but I don't follow the show enough to know what happened.

drothgery

First Post
River said:
Joss has spoken publicly about how catchy "Dawn the Vampire Slayer" sounds. (This is doubly true if Firefly his other new series doesn't take off)

So...

1. Faith needs to die so there can be a new slayer. (1 easy episode, on either BVS or Angle, or just do it off camera, probably it will be wrapped up in the series finale.)

Not necessarily. Since The Key-as-Dawn is very nearly a clone of Buffy (if she wasn't, Buffy's self-sacrifice from last season wouldn't have worked), it shouldn't be hard to come up with a plausible plot line that leads to Dawn going Slayer without Faith dying. Alternatively, there's the non-Slayer vampire slayer route, of which Angel's Charles Gunn is the canonical example, but I'm not sure how you'd get from the present Dawn to someone like that.

Crothian

First Post
There's also the possibility of an animated series that redoes season one, but with Dawn in it. It would be from Dawn's point of view, though. That came ou in an article I read a few months ago or so.

River

First Post
Crothian said:
There's also the possibility of an animated series that redoes season one, but with Dawn in it. It would be from Dawn's point of view, though. That came ou in an article I read a few months ago or so.

There will be an animated series. Buffy year one (No dawn I believe)

Thats ON TOP of everythineg else.

River

Staffan

Legend
ghettognome said:
Who knows, maybe he will find Drucilla and they will go on like they used to, or was she killed the last time she came into Sunnydale?
The last we saw of Dru was her and Darla getting torched by Angel. They both survived, Dru dropped Darla off with Lindsey, and then left.

Remove ads