• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OT, Starwars] He has seen the light... maybe...

mmadsen

First Post
I loved Alien and Aliens. But if they tried to continue that saga (which they did with disastrous results) I would recognize that those movies cannot be remade, because half the reason for their glory (and the glory of SW, and Blade Runner for that matter) was that they were in the 80's.

Alien came out in 1979, and I see very little about either the 70's or the 80's that made it what it was. Aliens, although it centered on Colonial Marines with big guns, transcended the 80's action film; it wasn't a movie about a superhero with a machine-gun and thermonuclear hand-grenades.

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
King_Stannis said:
ahh, the one-week boycott. the nerd's ultimate masturbatory excercise. delude yourself into thinking that you'll "teach lucas a lesson"... AotC will be the biggest movie of the year, and there's really nothing you can do to stop it.

Yeah, I'd say the lackluster merchandise sales are the real lesson, and have been for 3 years.

I'd put good money on LOTR: The Two Towers, by the way. (Yeah, THAT is my own personal wet dream...)

Wulf

King_Stannis

Explorer
Wulf Ratbane said:

Yeah, I'd say the lackluster merchandise sales are the real lesson, and have been for 3 years.

I'd put good money on LOTR: The Two Towers, by the way. (Yeah, THAT is my own personal wet dream...)

Wulf

if "the two towers" outperforms AotC in one week (remember, christmas release) i will track you down and give you nice crisp $20 bill.

i do know what you are talking about, but TTT will probably not have the gross that AotC will when it's all said and done. it could be close, but SW has more of a built in audience than LotR does.

sorry if i came off as overly harsh, but this is like the tenth time i've had this discussion. i should have just let it go.

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Stannis, you do realize that TTT doesn't have to make all its money inside the last single week of 2002 to still be considered a 2002 movie, right?

I would have thought that at some point in 10 discussions that would have become obvious.

Wulf

Wolfspider

Explorer
The new film will have a "darker feel, closer to the original saga" and "no silly characters or kids", says the Lucasfilm document.

No kids? I remember seeing a really cute picture of some young (under five) Padawan learners...adorable little tykes with lightsabers and little braids just like Obi-Wan had in the first prequel movie.

And what about Boba Fett? Isn't he a "kid" in this movie?

Anyway...things do look up for the second film. I'll still be waiting, however, to hear what y'all think about it before seeing it. :D

PenguinKing

First Post
Wolfspider said:
No kids? I remember seeing a really cute picture of some young (under five) Padawan learners...adorable little tykes with lightsabers and little braids just like Obi-Wan had in the first prequel movie.

And what about Boba Fett? Isn't he a "kid" in this movie?
AFAIK, there is a scene that involves Yoda instructing young Jedi-to-be, but I don't think any of those kids are anything more than walk-ons or extras.

(And as for Boba Fett, he's supposedly a right creepy little psychopath even at this point, so I'm not sure the kiddie appeal is really all there. ;) )

- Sir Bob.

Wolfspider

Explorer
PenguinKing said:
AFAIK, there is a scene that involves Yoda instructing young Jedi-to-be, but I don't think any of those kids are anything more than walk-ons or extras.

(And as for Boba Fett, he's supposedly a right creepy little psychopath even at this point, so I'm not sure the kiddie appeal is really all there. ;) )

- Sir Bob.

Hey, I'm all in support of creepy kids. But if I hear anything that even remotely sounds like a "Yippee!" I'm outta there. ;)

Remove ads