• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OOC] Quickleaf's Rime of the Frostmaiden [closed for now]

tglassy

Adventurer
There’s no reason everyone needs to have the same stats. I hear that a lot, but it really doesn’t matter. In the end, no one will have less than the Standard Array, and if someone gets 6 20’s, who cares? Ability Scores are so little of the game, I really don’t mind if I roll a bunch of low scores while y’all have stronger ones.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
There’s no reason everyone needs to have the same stats. I hear that a lot, but it really doesn’t matter. In the end, no one will have less than the Standard Array, and if someone gets 6 20’s, who cares? Ability Scores are so little of the game, I really don’t mind if I roll a bunch of low scores while y’all have stronger ones.
I would mind if someone with no proficiency has higher skill check than my supposed expert.

In general, I don't mind different stat spread, in my games it is always random 6+2d6 - in general it's like 3d6, but with guaranteed 6 on one die. The spread is similar to 4d6 drop lowest, but with 8 minimum which helps with dndBeyond :D

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Also, I can change to Star druid if there is interest for a rogue spot. And druid can tank if absolutely needed.

EDIT: back to meetings, I'll post my stats when I get home, coyote is blocked here at work, I'll probably go with 2x2x2 method (I too like high stats :) )

tglassy

Adventurer
I would mind if someone with no proficiency has higher skill check than my supposed expert.

In general, I don't mind different stat spread, in my games it is always random 6+2d6 - in general it's like 3d6, but with guaranteed 6 on one die. The spread is similar to 4d6 drop lowest, but with 8 minimum which helps with dndBeyond :D
But this can happen anytime you use rolls to create a character. And your expert will get better at it over time, while the guy without proficiency won’t.

And even then. Expertise grants a minimum of +4. So unless you’re taking expertise in a skill that you have a negative in, no one will be better than you as their bonus is capped at +5.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Also, I can change to Star druid if there is interest for a rogue spot. And druid can tank if absolutely needed.

EDIT: back to meetings, I'll post my stats when I get home, coyote is blocked here at work, I'll probably go with 2x2x2 method (I too like high stats :) )
Thanks. With the stats I rolled, rogue makes the most sense.
I look forward to the boons to make up for the bad rolls! ;-)

tglassy

Adventurer
I’ve got it.

Boon could be an Uncommon Magic Item, right? Can I have a Headband of Intellect? I can bump my Dex, and have Int be my casting stat. I would rather have used Wisdom, but unless you will let me Homebrew a Headband of Wisdom that bumps my Wis to 19, I’ll take what I can get, lol.

Kinda stinks that I need to use the boon to offset the bad rolls rather than as something extra, but thems the breaks. This way, I’m not completely worthless, though I’ll never get that coveted 20 in Int.

Dibs on any Gauntlets of Ogre Power or Belts of strength! Or any stat boosting items, for that matter, lol.

Can my Headband be my cowboy hat?

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
You think you have it bad? Check this mo fo out:

Rolls for Quickleaf game: 3D6 = [1, 3, 5] = STR: 9
3D6 = [6, 4, 1] = Dex: 11
3D6 = [1, 1, 6] = Con: 8
3D6 = [1, 2, 5] = Int: 8
3D6 = [1, 5, 1] = Wis: 7
3D6 = [1, 5, 3] = Cha: 9

Depending on how I use my bonus attributes, I’ll have four attributes at a -1. At least. Maybe 5 if I bump Wisdom so it isn’t a -2.
My sympathies!

We now have a hook for making dark pacts with shady entities to make our characters playable. Could be lots of fun.

Note that my character could also be a ranged ranger. I’ll need to learn more about the boons to figure out my options.
Cheers,

Sg

Remove ads