• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 Offical 3.5 character sheet - Now available for download!

tennyson

First Post
psionotic said:
I'm a big fan of Mad Irishman's character sheets. He's recently released a version for 3.5, available here:

http://www.unc.edu/~murphy/mad_irishman/pub_dnd.html

The cool thing is that if you have the full version of Acrobat 6.0 (not just the reader) the form version is pretty slick, auto-calculating skills and other bonuses based on your attributes.

I prefer these character sheets as well, especially for their auto-calculating abilities. However, I'm getting the following error for both v2.0 and v2.03 of the newest sheets:

"There was an error opening this document. This viewer cannot decript this document."

I have the full version of Adobe 4.0, and I've also tried saving the document t my hard drive without any luck. What am I doing wrong?

tennyson

First Post
That's strange. :( I can open my 3.0 character sheet (also by the Irishman) with no problem, but not off the website. I'll try downloading the reader and see if I can manage something that way.

Agback

Explorer
G'day

The fact that WotC have already published (i.e. 'released') the character sheet does not void their copyright rights. The only thing that can in law make copyright materials public domain before the expiration of the term of copyright is an intentional act by the copyright owners that has the explicit intended purpose of making the copyright public property.

If they grant the right to photocopy for private use that does not give anyone the legal right to post a scan for download. Even if they grant the right to distribute free photocopies, that does not give anyone the legal right to post a scan for download. The rights are theirs, and they can grant the right to distribution cyan copies but not black, yellow or magenta if they want.

Now, very possibly WotC would like to distribute the sheets as widely as possible. It might help promote 3E, and either way they may figure that it does.

But you ought to ask them, not us.

Regards,

Agback

kreynolds

First Post
psionotic said:
The cool thing is that if you have the full version of Acrobat 6.0 (not just the reader) the form version is pretty slick, auto-calculating skills and other bonuses based on your attributes.

Bah! I coverted his character sheet over to forms long before he did it himself...and as I understand it, the guy's pretty frickin' rude about stuff like that too.

Nice sheet though. I use Green Ronin's Character Record Folio now though, but a bit, ok a lot, customized for my group.

Lord Rasputin

Explorer
Character sheets:

I have said it before, and I shall say it again: Ema's Character Sheet. Useful AND attractive. I have a few little quibbles, but they're trivial.

Archade

Azer Paladin
While I love ema's Character Sheets, I find the blanks waaaaay too tiny. I've created a variant. I'll try to post it up to the web tonight ...

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Andy Smith at WotC has given the OK (although he says WotC don't want to make a habit of it!).

However, I don't have a scanner. If someone would be kind enough to scan and upload the character sheets here, I'll put it in the news.

Remove ads