• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 Offical 3.5 character sheet - Now available for download!

TalonComics

First Post
I have access to the official WotC revised character sheet via the D&D v3.5 Accessory Update 40pg book. My question is just simply this:
Can I scan this and put it online as a pdf so people can download it?

I'm not selling it, it's for personal use only and I figured a whole lot of people would want it now. I just don't want to get in trouble for doing it.

~Derek

Last edited:

MThibault

First Post
Nope. Giving it away to strangers generally isn't considered to be personal use. Copyright infringement occurs even when no money changes hands.

Cheers

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Yeah, I have it too. While I'd love to make it available, I think WotC would be a bit upset if anyone did that.

Bleh. What the heck. I'm gonna email WotC and find out exactly what they're OK with and what they're not.

TalonComics

First Post
Cool, cool.
Granted, it's not like they're not going to post it in the next couple of weeks or so. I just figured people would like to get a head start on converted.

I may not be able to make available online but I can certainly give it out at my store's brick and mortar location. ;)

~D

EricNoah

Adventurer
MThibault said:
Nope. Giving it away to strangers generally isn't considered to be personal use. Copyright infringement occurs even when no money changes hands.

Cheers

However, as I understand it blank forms can't be protected by copyright.

The issue, though, as mentioned, is more about whether WotC would be ok with it. My guess is they probably don't want to be trumped on this but who knows.

TalonComics

First Post
EricNoah said:

However, as I understand it blank forms can't be protected by copyright.

The issue, though, as mentioned, is more about whether WotC would be ok with it. My guess is they probably don't want to be trumped on this but who knows.

Yeah well, maybe they should consider enforcing their so-called street date instead of constantly pissing off retailers who believe in supporting the distribution system. ;)

Here's something else to throw into the mix. The conversion book that has this sheet in it was sent enmasse to retailers across the country this week in a 3.5 promotion pack. Besides the book it contained, a t-shirt, a poster, a window cling, a small counter standee that has a pad of "reserve the revised books here" and "reserve Dragonlance here" pages.

So, if they didn't want me to promote 3.5 by including access to the character sheet then they shouldn't have sent the character sheet. ;)

~D

Thaumaturge

Wandering. Not lost. (He/they)
You can promote 3.5 by sending me the t-shirt.

Of course, you already have my address because I've preordered from you. :D

Thaumaturge.

Last edited:

Paladin

Explorer
Think about this: they already put the 3.5 character sheet in Dragon # 309, it's just too small to copy. So they HAVE already released it.

ForceUser

Explorer
You know, I thought the whole point of blank character sheets was so you could copy them for personal use. I don't see the difference between that and posting them on the net. Not like you're profiting from it.

TalonComics

First Post
Paladin said:
Think about this: they already put the 3.5 character sheet in Dragon # 309, it's just too small to copy. So they HAVE already released it.

Yeah, there you go then. ;)
We'd just be releasing an "easier to read" version.

ForceUser, apparently this is the t-shirt they gave away at Winter Fantasy. Unfortunately, since my exwife destroyed my old 3rd edition shirt, I'm going to go ahead and hang onto this one. Maybe they'll send me more? ;)

~D

Remove ads