• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Moratorium on 4e threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Jezter

First Post
Vigilance said:
Except that most of the 4e threads I have seen go like this: lots of 4e speculation; anyone who doesnt speculate is told not to "shut down the thread"; people from WOTC who comment on the thread are summarily dismissed as being spreaders of disinformation.

For me it isnt the threads themselves, its the general tone of them.

Chuck

There's also the "What would you like to see in 4e" threads that pop up every few weeks, which could also be titled "My list of house rules" or "In which ways could we make D&D more like GURPS or HERO?" ;)

ForceUser

Explorer
BiggusGeekus said:
angry4e.JPG
Word. I'm with the Big Geek on this one.

thalmin

Retired game store owner
I don't understand many of you. You claim to hate the proponderance of 4E threads on the first couple pages. But you post on said threads, putting them back on top of page 1. You further hijack said threads, making them useless for those trying to discuss the topic, forcing them to start new threads.
[idea] You want more 4E threads, but are afraid to admit it. Methinks thou dost protest too much. CLOSET 4E LOVERS ! ! [/idea]

Azgulor

Adventurer
The Shaman said:
As I write this post there are three - THREE! - active threads all on the front page pertaining to 4e.

(And when hit "Submit New Thread," there will be four - fitting, eh?)

May I ask that we have a moratorium on 4e threads until 4e is acutally announced, or better yet, in the stores? And may I urge my fellow ENWorlders to boycott all threads pertaining to 4e (including this one)?

Remember...ONLY YOU CAN STOP THE MADNESS!

;)

Amen. I stopped reading these meaningless posts months ago. Every time I see another one, I have to either leave the site or walk away from my computer. It's either that or submit to my overwhelming urge to post "I couldn't give a flying :):):):)" to every one of them.

But this one, this one is worth a PLEASE GOD, YES! MAKE IT STOP! (Boycot now in effect.)

Azgulor

Kid Charlemagne

I am the Very Model of a Modern Moderator
There are FIVE right now. Can they all be merged or something? I don't mind them in theory, but I think they're getting spam-ish at this point.

Turanil

First Post
Crothian said:
Its hard to have a serious thread where 2/3rds of the posts are non productive.
You don't speak of my own posts, don't you?? :p

Zenodotus of Ephesus said:
It's popularity as a topic of serious discussion is only going to increase as we get closer to next week's release date.
LOL! :p

Last edited:

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
The Shaman said:
May I ask that we have a moratorium on 4e threads until 4e is acutally announced, or better yet, in the stores? And may I urge my fellow ENWorlders to boycott all threads pertaining to 4e (including this one)?
Hm, I think I'll move this to Meta. :)

The Shaman

First Post
Darkness said:
Hm, I think I'll move this to Meta. :)
Sweeping away the chaff, Darkness? ;)

You may move this thread to Meta, but my boycott of all 4e threads continues!

Well, for the most part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads