• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Minor Rules Questions/Thoughts

FireLance

Legend
Rystil Arden said:
There's a ritual that draws a circle that goes to some permanent circle whose ID-key you already know. So you can basically Town Portal without issue (though rituals are expensive), but less willy-nilly teleporting.
Moongates! :D

themilkman

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
Except that 4e doesn't have a mechanic to divide damage by a variable number, so I don't see how that is an issue?
True, but damaging an enemy for the square root of negative 1d4 damage can still cause trouble.

Rystil Arden

First Post
themilkman said:
True, but damaging an enemy for the square root of negative 1d4 damage can still cause trouble.
Except that there's not a mechanic to deal negative damage or take a square root. At first I thought you were being constructive, but after this second one, are you just threadcrapping or what dude?

Colmarr

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
There's a ritual that draws a circle that goes to some permanent circle whose ID-key you already know. So you can basically Town Portal without issue (though rituals are expensive), but less willy-nilly teleporting.

I LOVE this. It was so hard to create a sense of urgency based on distance in 3e.

weem

First Post
I assume this only applies to short-range teleportation powers like the Eladrins and not to long-range teleportation rituals?

Yea, this is where the specific rules beat out the general ones. For the Teleport (movement type) description, it says line of sight. But for specific power/ability descriptions, they are more specific about where you can and cannot teleport to.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Colmarr said:
I LOVE this. It was so hard to create a sense of urgency based on distance in 3e.
I definitely like the flavour and pacing changes of some of these rituals I'm hearing about, though in other cases, I'm a bit upset that they have to be rituals with such high costs rather than a spell (example--Illusions). I think it has more to do with my personal tastes on some things differing with the 4e designers.

I'm surprised, though, considering how they said it was going to be supposedly really hard to overcome death at heroic tier and little more than a stumbling block at epic, then why can you raise a dead heroic character for a pittance (500 gp) while at epic it costs a fortune?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads