• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mecha Crusade: We need an extra DM!

Creamsteak

Explorer
Depends on a lot of things. I don't think we will find a second "DM" for this game. Instead, I planned on giving the players tasks slightly independant of the main group.

If those tasks involved direct conflict, then that is what would happen. Although, since control over the main groups primary objectives would be in the hands of the MC, they might skip right around a direct encounter with other players.

Also, if you play an enemy power, (earth), you would likely be in charge of accomplishing a specific objective just like the PCs would, only your actions would happen off-screen unless they directly to interfere in your business.

It would add a hint of wargaming context... but it would still have the full flavor of a mech-assault game.

In essense, I want to create realistic strategy designs by giving realisticly limited information to the MC. Then, I want things to feel more alive, as the other players doing things in the "background" (through email) would allow.

Jemal

Adventurer
Well, I'm willing to help you DM the game, although I don't have the d20 modern yet (It's next on my list of purchases). I DO have the polyhedron with mecha crusade, as well as a firm background in strategy. I've dm'd and played in numerous campaigns for various RPGs over the past 5 or 6 years.

If you can fill me in on a few of the quirks of d20 modern (I've figured most of it out from the mag, fortunately) then I'll be more than able to help you guys out with this game. It's looking pretty good so far.

Sparrowhawk

First Post
So let me get this straight...

You'll have two GMs. One (the OC) controls the enemy NPCs and their associated plotlines. The other (the MC) controls the friendly and neutral NPCs and their associated plotlines. The OC gives the MC the info that the PCs have access to, and the OC gives this to the PCs in-game.

Why are you going with this setup? It seems needlessly complex to me, not to mention prone to failures of communication. Besides, how will you manage NPC spies from the other side, and other such things?

Sparrowhawk

First Post
For Tordek

Mecha Crusade appears in Polyhedron 154/Dungeon 95. You can find it right now in your FLGS, or possibly at Borders or another bookstore with a good selection of magazines.

It requires the d20 Modern rules to play. If you don't want to buy the book, you can download the d20 Modern SRD for free here. You can get a better version, in PDF format with bookmarks and everything here.

Have fun mecha gaming, Iconic One!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads