• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 1E Leif's AD&D 1E Recruiting Thread

Helfdan

First Post
First of all, Leif, thanks for the opportunity. I've gone ahead and for the first time in too many years read all of the combat chapters in the original PHB and DMG. It is, as you say, a very elegant system. Plus I love Gary's prose :)

As to magic items:
As a 4th level character, there is a 4% chance that any item he does get is +2 instead of +1.

Shield: 32%
Chain mail armor: 60%
Protection Scroll: 20%
Dagger: 40%
Sword 36%
Bow 20%
Potion 28%

DM_Wannabe

First Post
I apologize in advance for this post, but this recruiting thread has been active for over 3 months. Is it just me or isn't that plenty of time dedicated to recruiting? It looks like we've got a full group that's ready and willing to get the ball rolling. Is there any possibility that we can take the plunge and get things rolling soon? I don't mean any disrespect, I just would like to see the game get started soon.

Leif

Adventurer
No offense taken and no apology necessary. This has taken a long time to get going, and I take the blame for that. But my view of the game has shifted a lot during this process. We will start before too much longer. Also, one note for Alarion, our new ranger -- be sure to add any constitution bonus to BOTH d8s used for L1 hp. Read the section about Constitution -- the bonus applies to each Hit Die, not once per level.

DM_Wannabe

First Post
I apologize in advance for this post, but this recruiting thread has been active for over 3 months.

I don't know what kind of higher math I was using when I came up with that number, but it's only been 2 months, not 3.

Sooooooo....with that being said, are we any closer to getting things started?

Leif

Adventurer
Moving Forward

Sure we are. Now, I'm preuming that your PC is all written up and lined out. What about everyone else?

PC roster:
1 howandwhy99,
2 DM_Wannabe,
3 wolfattack,
4 steeldragons
5 Mallus
6 Helfdan

Last edited:

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
I believe we were simply waiting to find out the results of our magic item rolls.

(and the RG to actually put our PCs in ;) )

But get/feel better first!

Remove ads