• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 1E Leif's AD&D 1E Recruiting Thread

Leif

Adventurer
I'm not sure. I think that figure was intended to apply to the other game.

That'd be 4th level for most classes, and 5th for clerics and thieves, at least according to OSRIC rules, which I think are largely identical to 1E AD&D rules.

[I only have OSRIC rules within easy reach at the moment.]

Leif

Adventurer
Well, with 1E AD&D, it'll work better to start with the same XP rather than the ame level. Let's say 13,700 xp each, so like I said, that makes most classes 4th level, except clerics and thieves which are 5th. Multiclassing will also affect that and make starting level considerably lower.

Last edited:

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Well, with 1E AD&D, it'll work better to start with the same XP rather than the ame level. Let's say 13,700 xp each, so liuke I said, that makes most classes 4th level, except clerica and thieves which are 5th. Multiclassing will also affect that and make starting level considerably lower.

:confused::confused::confused: Am I in the wrong thread?! I was gonna play Ellydd?...half-elf cleric/fighter?...didn't we go through all of this already?

Helfdan

First Post
There's also the matter of the 5000 campaigns you are DMing... don't apologize :D

On another note, since you were thinking about the Bandit Kingdoms, I went ahead and made my ranger from the Duchy of Urnst/Celadon forest. The only organized ranger training in the Flannaes is at Stalwart Pines, so it's a fine background for a ranger.

Leif

Adventurer
Ok, Helfdan, I'll let you refresh my memory, if you will. Bandit kingdoms really rings a bell with me, but I'm not sure why. Was this for my third (Gamma) AD&D thread? [And I think it's only 4,999 games that I'm DMing. No need to exaggerate.]

Helfdan

First Post
Indeed! This is what you said, boss! Sounded pretty damn good to me!! :)

Okay! Greyhawk, Flanaess it is! Bandit Kingdoms to start out, but I think we may move on to another locale after a bit. Now, I'm not really wanting to start at 1st level, because I don't want our magic-user(s) to be horribly crippled for awhile. How about 3rd or 4th level to start? [Characters to be created using DMG Appendix 'whatever-it-is' ("I" maybe?) that details those rules.] Actually, just now studying the Grayhawk map to get a feel for the area of the Bandit Kingdoms, I've been struck by some fresh ideas that I like very much, even though they may not mesh well with conventional Greyhawk wisdom. Let's have all PCs come from lands surrounding Nyr Dyv -- Shield Lands, Furyondy, Duchy of Urnst, and County of Urnst, or even the Duchy of Tenh. Two or even several can be from the same region, no problem, just wharever strikes each player's fancy. We'll say that the PCs have just finished a mapping assignment for a Lord in the Bandit Kingdoms who wanted a reliable chart made of his domain -- for reasons that didn't concern you, he said.

Again we have:
howandwhy99,
DM_Wannabe,
wolfattack, and
steeldragons
Mallus

Leif

Adventurer
PC roster:
1 howandwhy99,
2 DM_Wannabe,
3 wolfattack,
4 steeldragons
5 Mallus
6 Helfdan

Setting: Bandit Kingdoms, World of Greyhawk
Starting XP: 13,700
HP: Max at 1st level, then 75%. After play starts, new hp gained will be ROLLED!
Starting gold/magic items: As per Appendix in 1E DMG "Creating Spur-of-the-Moment Characters," % rolls to be made by DM [me], items to be rolled for are selected by each player.

Last edited:

Remove ads