• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

L1: Strange Doings (Erekose13 Judging)

Ximix

First Post
Erekose13 said:
The black mist ghoul attacks Manon rending him with it's claws. The rogue falls to it's feet, blood flowing freely.

The troglodyte ghoul attacks Razin, hitting him just slightly with one of it's claws. The fighter goes rigid with paralysis.

OOC: Well sunnofa.... guess that's what I get for pushin :(

Amaury

First Post
Jallembo is startled by the speed of the events. He just sees Manon fall on the floor and uses the clear line of sight to let his arrow go, aiming at the ghoul surrounded by the black mist.
The arrows breaks as it impacts the wall just above the shoulder of the ghoul.

[sblock=OOC]
r1 shortbow (1d20+3=11) don't think it hits. it was a ready action as I said in the surprise round, so maybe you need another roll for R1.. don't know.
have +3 to hit on shortbow but have not included -4 for melee engaged opponents.
I'm off from now on. happy for you to play jallembo. he will avoid melee if possible unless he has an opportunity to flank. thanks.[/sblock]

Erekose13

Explorer
(ooc: updated my quick list above. note that I had those two just standing around while the three active pcs did the searching. So they were the first two to get attacked.

Jallembo failed his listen checks and was suprised, so he didn't have time to ready his shot. Ximix, Garrit, and Manon were not surprised.)

Animus

Explorer
Garrit Kelspire, Paladin 2 of Hyrag

"I smite you down to the Abyss!" he says as he smites the evil troglodyte.

[+6, 1d8+4 with smite evil]

Last edited:

Ximix

First Post
Erekose13 said:
(ooc: any actions from Ximix or Garrit?)

OOC: My apologies, I misread and thought we were waiting for . . . oh nevermind, here we go...
Seeing that the battle is not going well, Ximix tries to bring some aid to his companions. First, speaking in a clear high voice, the Elven words "Gliran karnAman" ring out, Blessing the group. ( OOC: +1 ATK and +1 ST vs Fear, 50' burst from caster, 1 min/lvl duration ) then he will stride to Garrit's side and Aid him. ( OOC: Missed an AC 10 . . . so that was a waste :(
Can Ximix be in Full Defense while he Aids Garrit? Where is everyone now? Ximix will try to heal Manon to stop the bleeding - if he can get to him. )

[sblock=Ximix's Spells]

Orisons: 3

Guidance
Light
Read Magic

First Tier: 1+1 (+1 Domain )

Bless
Hide from Undead
Knowledge Domain: Detect Secret Doors
[/sblock]

Erekose13

Explorer
[Round 1, Cont]

Jallembo misses his target.

Razin remains paralyzed.

Ximix casts bless.

Garrit just manages to hit the troglodyte with Gliran's blessing. The sword flares to life with the power of Hyrag (apparently it pays off to have 2 gods on your side). The troglodyte falls to the ground, a wisp of black smoke escaping its long dead lungs.

Manon bleeds some more.

As Manon lies bleeding on the floor a small cat emerges at the top of the stair case. Everyone identifies the cat as Mr. Cat who has been following Jallembo around lately. As you watch the cat shifts form into that of a tall skiny human wearing dyed leather armor and sporting a barbed quarterstaff. In your heads you all hear, Ah so easy to trap you all here, what wonderful sport. I really do hope they send more of your kind poking around soon. A black amulet around the neck of Mr. Cat leaks a few foul green drops of something that sizzles and smokes as it hits the ground.

[Round 2]

The black mist ghoul stoops over Manon and digs his face into the rogue, sending blood and visera across Garrit and Razin who are standing next to him.

[sblock=ooc]Positions: Garrit and Razin (paralyzed) are 10ft from the door and next to the dead body of Manon and the Black Mist Ghoul. Mr. Cat is at the top of the stairs though he has not taken a step into the room yet. Ximix could not aid in the same round that he cast bless so I left him 20ft back next to the statue. Jallembo is also back at the same position.

Damage Recap
Jallembo 5/5 - 1 Con
Garrit 19/19 - 1 Con - 3 Non-lethal
Ximix 7/7 - 1 Con
Razin 7/11 - 1 Con - 3 Non-lethal - paralyzed
1rd
Manon - DEAD
hp current/max have been adjusted due to the con damage. [/sblock]

Remove ads