• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Jemal's New Imperial Order OOC Thread for Talking Smack But Its Okay for the Republic

Krizzel

First Post
Xael said:

I saw the problem to be the 20-30 seconds of time to give up the weapons. You can maybe throw them at Mang & Cabe at that time.

Dropping weapons takes a move equivalent action at most (really a free action), which is probably about 2 seconds.

Krizzel

First Post
mirthcard said:
... using his skill in Intimidation to back the Imps off ... before the 30 SECONDS were up (not really much time to negotiate) ...

Do bluff/diplomacy/intimidation/etc. work PC to PC? I thought it all had to be role played.

As for 30 seconds, that's 5 rounds, enough time for four back and forth exchanges and one move into the ship. As far as Mang was concerned, it'd be either a 'yes' answer or if not, he closes the hatch.

KitanaVorr

First Post
Originally posted by mirthcard
Sorry if this post sounds pissy, but I don't like the accusatory tone of yours either and I'm just letting off some steam at having to justify myself.

Not very gameworthy activity on either of our parts.

Truce?

Calm down. I'm not er "pissy" at you in any way, and I didn't mean for my post to sound accusatory, just sarcastic (which probably does sound the same, lol) -- and you didn't have to justify yourself at all -- so truce so we can work out this problem.

The problem is the Republic knowing the Imperial thing...well because it totally messes up us working with you guys. The reason being is that the only way you would know who we are is if you knew what our mission was...and just the fact that you know we're Imperials...we can't let you leave alive because once words gets out that we're Imperials...well that's it for us. A life of being a fugitive in the New Republic.

Take Meiko for instance...that's it for her family...once they all know, she'll be shunned and her life as it is is over. She has every reason to want every single one of you dead now that you know that she is an Imperial sympathizer. Once that's out, her life is over and her life now is forfeit. So having the republics leave alive knowing who she is, she'd rather kill everyone including herself and not let anyone know then to let anyone get away who woul d know.

See my dilemma? If only you didn't know then we could have secretly worked with you guys pretending to be passengers that got waylaid or something.

Any suggestions on how to resolve that?

Last edited:

Mirth

Explorer
KitanaVorr said:

Calm down. I'm not er "pissy" at you in any way, and I didn't mean for my post to sound accusatory, just sarcastic (which probably does sound the same, lol) -- and you didn't have to justify yourself at all.

I'm annoyed about the Republic knowing the Imperial thing...well because it totally messes up us working with you guys. The reason being is that the only way you would know who we are is if you knew what our mission was...and just the fact that you know we're Imperials...we can't let you leave alive because once words gets out that we're Imperials...well that's it for us. A life of being a fugitive in the New Republic.

Take Meiko for instance...that's it for her family...once they all know, she'll be shunned and her life as it is is over. She has every reason to want every single one of you dead now that you know that she is an Imperial sympathizer. Once that's out, her life is over and her life now is forfeit. So having the republics leave alive knowing who she is, she'd rather kill everyone including herself and not let anyone know then to let anyone get away who woul d know.

See my dilemma? If only you didn't know then we could have secretly worked with you guys pretending to be passengers that got waylaid or something.

Any suggestions on how to resolve that?

Paging Jemal. Jemal please come to the blue courtesy phone. That's the blue courtesy phone. :D

Shalimar

First Post
Maybe this will sound better from a 3rd party?

It is a traditon to want the only ones on your ship who are armed to be you, and its a smart one. Even if they weren't Imperials they know your ship was damaged and might be wanting to take theirs. Its only smart, and can prevent a mutiny down the line. Its also not out of line to ask for. I would have expected you to ask if the positions were reversed, even if you didn't know they were imperials.

The other thing I would like to ask, of everyone actually is: Why does everyone assume Mang is a dark Jedi? Just because he isn't pat of your little click doesn't mean he is evil. So long as he tries to protect people he isn't dark, and from what he told me:

he's extremely lawful and follows the old Jedi code, not the Luke goody two shoes code ;p

I don't think anyone is at fault here. Just the situation overall has degraded really fast.

Besides, Jedi are never unarmed unless they doubt the force.

Last edited:

garyh

First Post
Just to explain Brasa's actions, I had to catch up on a lot of stuff since I lost the thread, and I figured Brasa would be likely to follow Oothar's lead in diplomacy (such as it was ;) ), as Brasa is no muy muy bombad smart, boyos, but more the muscle.

Okie day? :p

[mod]Oh, and Kit and Mirthcard - you two are two of the finest roleplayers I've seen in this forum. I'm sure you two can work this glitch out.[/mod] :)

Last edited:

Krizzel

First Post
mirthcard said:
That said --- having helped to heal one of the Imps (a kind and benevolent gesture) and then being told to surrender or be left to die in a vacuum

Reasoning FYI:

Palpa is a stowaway and a prisoner. As far as Mang is concerned he doesn't grade much better than the Republicans themselves (especially if he's consorting with them). Taking care of him doesn't really engender any good will from Mang.

Secondly, there's no conceivable way Mang would let enemy agents on board his ship unless they were unarmed and in custody. He doesn't trust them, and he doesn't need them.

Mirth

Explorer
We know you're Imps and that colors all of Oothar's actions. I don't know any way to get around that. If Jemal wants, I suppose we can have one hell of a DO-OVER.

As for all of the dark-side point comments --- I stand by the fact that my character is consistent with his background in this matter. The DM has requested that our character stats and background be closed info, even to the players on our own team, so I would suggest that any judgment call about my actions would be his and his alone.

As for the Intimidation not working PC to PC, I'll admit I wasn't aware of that because it's never come up before for me. Just consider it some ol skool Vader/Kenobi smack-talk going on then ;)

As for leaving ourselves unarmed with a bunch of hostile, willing-to-let-us-die-in-a-vacuum Imps --- not an option. (See above for where the vicious cycle begins.)

p.s. It's 1:30am here. I'm going to bed.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads