• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Into the Dragon's Maw (OOC)

Zeromaru X

Arkhosian scholar and coffee lover
Hi guys. Sorry for all the trouble. I'm recovered now. i hope I haven't slow the adventure too much :/ If you allow it, I'd like to continue playing, but I understand if you have killed my chara or anything.

Matthan

Explorer
There are no killed characters. You're still in. I don't even think you missed much because there was a week and a half (or more I don't remember) where work and school conspired to keep me from posting. Quick catchup: Radaceus has run into a dwarven ghost and really irritate it. It hasn't gone hostile yet, but they aren't planning any group vacations yet either. Meanwhile, Pell and Cade went treasure hunting in the dragonlings' old nest. Pell found a magic shield that he dropped when the ghost appeared (which if I was a cruel DM, I would have said he was still standing on water and it sank, but I'm not so it didn't) Boom: You're up to speed.

Matthan

Explorer
I know that's why the shield is at your feet instead of sinking in the water. It was just the first thought that hit my mind when I read your post. I can't recall if you mentioned standing on the path or not (and I didn't go back to check). The only movement I remember from your posts is you wanting to stand as far away as possible while your mage hand dismantled the bone pile. I didn't recall a specification of on land or not because it didn't really matter. I never intended the shield to sink because if you were on water you would have never dropped it.

I just thought it was a funny image which is why I mentioned it. For the record, you are on the path (somewhere, it doesn't need to be detailed at the moment) and the shield is not underwater. If I was upset about that or wanted the shield to sink that would have shown up in the game thread not as a joke here. Looking back at the post I can see where you might read it differently, and I apologize if it came across poorly. It was just a funny image to me that I wanted to share.

Goodness, no. I hadn't inferred anything like that. And you're right, it would be a comedy of errors if the shield fell in the water. I'd sort of intended humor when I wrote that Pell dropped the shield like a hot potato.

:)

Idea: Anyone have disguise self ready to cast? We could make one of our number appear to be a dwarf, with the thought being to calm down Mr. Ghost and potentially curry his favor (and gain the use of a magic anvil?). Upside: If the attempt fails, we have an awesome rp opportunity!

Radaceus

Adventurer
Welcome back @Zeromaru X, glad to hear your all better; BTW, Mathan means Ignis when he says Radaceus...I dont mind, Radaceus was one of my all time favorite characters I invented, but he was much different than Ignis :)

regarding ideas...I'm afraid to take my action, in case the dwarf goes all 'Howling' mad on me lol!

sorry about that (Ignis isn't sorry, but I am!)

Remove ads