• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(IC) Against the Giants PBP Group 1

Lidgar

Gongfarmer
Jack eyes the guard tower in the failing light.

Don’t like the look of that. Not much cover to approach on foot either.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
It was possible that it would burn in the height of summer, after these hills had endured a long dry spell, but the spring rains had left the massive thatch roof sodden with moisture. It would take many hours to get a big enough fire going to see it burn, and the smoke would be seen for many miles.

There was indeed little cover. Every tree anywhere nearby had gone into the steading's construction. And judging by the size of some of the logs, some had come from old forests many miles away, carried on the backs of giants.

The group hid behind rocky tors on the nearby hilltops as they made their observations.

Last edited:

After about an hour of travel the illusion Quinn had cast to hide his true nature melted away. The crown was strange, it looked like shiny black metal but it seemed as if it had organic sweeps and lines as if it had been grown. His ears had multiple points and it was hard to tell in the light but it looked as if his skin had taken on a purplish tint.

Once they arrived Quinn surveys the stronghold with the others. When they mention how to sneaking into the fort he speaks up.

"I can assist with that some. My magic can hide us and muffle our approach."

Last edited:

Lidgar

Gongfarmer
Jack nods at Quinn. "I like the way you think Quinn. I say we circuit the perimeter and listen at a couple of those big ol' doors. Mayhap I scamper up that tower and take a peek there too. What say ye?"

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Tenibor raises an eyebrow at the crown reveal. Someone may have gotten more than they bargained for. In any case, don't call him the bargain druid.

I really do have to be careful when the ritual takes effect.

He nods to the planning. "Careful scouting is welcome. My magic may also be useful in that regard."

He wanders about with the spellbook, occasionally moving his free hand next to one of the others head, or as close to it as he can get with the firbolg.

With this magic we will be on the clock. As none of them probably say.

(
OoC: Will try to be carefull with the timing of the ritual. Will pause if some major conversation starts to break out).

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
The firbolg speaks softly and low, his head ducked to be near the others: "Amongst my larger cousin they have a - a pecking order one could call it, though that grossly simplifies it. In reality it - but that is too long of an explanation. A social order. While I can make myself to seem as one of these, making myself a larger type is unfortunately beyond what I can do. Without the extra ranking, it would take a tongue as agile as a gazelle to explain you armed and armored. I will try in an emergency, but unless you want to appear to be my slaves I suggest we try stealth first. It seems we have various incantations offered, though the only one I have personally experienced is when the druids ask the world itself to hide you."

OOC: My guess for the ritual looking at the character sheet is Rary's Telepathic Bond. Mostly because of the "free hand near the head".

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
As it looks like the plan is set, the wizard will finish the ritual. He will think more loudly than usual.

~EVERYONE. THIS IS NOT SOUND. IT IS A THOUGHT I AM PROJECTING INTO YOUR MINDS~

Now that he has their attention.

~We are telepathically linked. You can project your thoughts and receive projections to and from everyone here. I recommend you practice it.~

~Once you have some control, you can decide which thoughts stay with you, and which others hear, so to speak. You do not have to see them, they may even be some great distance away, and you may still communicate.~
Assuming no planar travel.

~Do not fret. We--I--cannot read your minds~ Well mostly cannot. You never know what will slip.

"
We can of course still speak." He says. "Better to do if you want the giants or someone not linked to hear."

He puts his book away.

(OoC Rary's Telepathic Bond. Cast as a ritual).

FitzTheRuke

Legend
GM: Okay, you have an hour where you can all communicate telepathically at any distance. Please differentiate between things you speak aloud and things you speak by mind.

Remove ads