• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 Hide in 3.5

LokiDR

First Post
Re: Re: They allow that already

GullyFoyle said:
In response to raven_dark64

I agree with Destil. I think your defining "being wary" too broadly. A guard is suppose to be wary but his level of concentration will vary during the six hours of guard duty, the same can be said for the person that knows there is a contract out on them. Both can still be sneaked attack. But, if an arrow flies by their head, or they hear an odd sound, or see a strange movement, then they are now sufficiently consentrating to be wary and avoid the sneak attack.

I agree with Destil as well, which is why you confuse me.

Just because a person is paranoid doesn't mean they are any good at looking around. It doesn't matter how wary they are, if they fail the spot and listen checks to notice you comming, they get sneak attacked if the can be. They need to know someone is around that wants to do them harm and then react. If you win initive, you can sneak attack those who are vulnerable.

Remove ads