• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Heroes of the Worlds OOC Thread

reapersaurus

Explorer
you're forcing me to make a potentially life-or-death decision, that flies in the face of the character's normal behavior.

Ash would not join in a magic tree-hop with no prospects of the act
a) saVING his butt or
b) getting him home or
c) having somethuing cool on the other side.

hmmm... maybe he WOULD follow hot women thru a magic portal - maybe i found the moptivation... :)
(when in doubt, always go with purile interests) ;)

reapersaurus

Explorer
I can be happy in my gaming life now that I've been able to post as Ash sweeping the damsel off her feet, and saying his famous line right in scene, "Give me some sugar baby." ;) LOL!

ahhh... that was fun.
Perfect set up, Kalanyr!

reapersaurus

Explorer
well, it seems I'm one of the few that reads thisa ooc drivel i spout, but just in case anyone wants to discuss the HotW IC thread after so long (i had to go back 100 days to see this thread!)...

I like that the thread is still going along, but i think most of us would agree that it is going too slowly for our tastes.

I asked Kal about this, and something he said surprised me.
He says he waits for EVERY ONE of us to post our actions before moving the scene forward at all.

Is that news to anyone?
For example, this round's actions i think have mostly been declared awhile back, and i'm wondering - Kal - are you waiting for Sollir to post his actions before moving forward?

If so, doesn't that change the priority you as players would be treating this adventure, and how often you look at it?

Creature Yuna is now trying to summon:

[color=sky blue]GRAND SUMMONED AIR ELEMENT DIRE LION

Large Elemental (Air)
Hit Dice:
9d8+27 (99 hp)
Initiative: +5 (+5 Dex)
Speed: 40 ft, Fly 100 ft (Perfect)
AC: 22 (+5 Dex, -1 size, +4 natural, +4 haste)
Attacks: 2 claws +17 melee, bite +12 melee
Damage: Claw 1d6+12, bite 1d8+8
Face/Reach: 5 ft by 5 ft/10 ft
Special Attacks: Pounce, improved grab, rake 1d6+8, Air Mastery, improved grab
Special Qualities: Elemental, Damage Reduction 5/+1, Darkvision, Scent
Saves: Fort +6, Ref +11, Will +4
Abilities: Str 25, Dex 21, Con 17, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 10
Skills: Hide +8*, Jump +10, Listen +4, Move Silently +12, Spot +4
Feats: Flyby Attack

Climate/Terrain: ???
Challenge Rating: 7
Treasure: None
Alignment: Neutral

Darkvision: This creature can see in complete darkness, up to 60.
Elemental: Immune to poison, sleep, paralysis, and stunning. Not subject to critical hits.
Scent (Ex): The creature can detect opponents within 30 feet by sense of smell. If the opponent is upwind, the range increases to 60 feet; if downwind, it drops to 15 feet. Strong scents, such as smoke or rotting garbage, can be detected at twice the ranges noted above. Overpowering scents, such as skunk musk or troglodyte stench, can be detected at triple normal range. The creature can pinpoint locations only within 5 feet. This creature can follow tracks by smell with a Wisdom check (DC 10, +2 for every hour the trail is cold).
Air Mastery (Ex): Airborne creatures suffer a -1 penalty to attack and damage rolls against an air elemental.
Pounce (Ex): If a dire lion leaps upon a foe during the first round of combat, it can make a full attack even if it has already taken a move action.
Improved Grab (Ex): To use this ability, the dire lion must hit with its bite attack. If it gets a hold, it can rake.
Rake (Ex): A dire lion can make two rake attacks (+12 melee) against a held creature with its hind legs for 1d6+3 damage each. If the dire lion pounces on an opponent, it can also rake.
Hasted (Su): A Grand Summoned creature is under the constant effect of haste while summoned.

Skills: Dire lions receive a +4 racial bonus to Hide and Move Silently checks. *In areas of tall grass or heavy undergrowth, the Hide bonus improves to +8.[/color]

Last edited:

Deedlit

First Post
Greydoom, while Raistlin may have been the greatest of evil mages, please do not try to emulate his silent ways by avoiding to post. Also, though I am certain I have told you of this Yuna, we are still waiting on you.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Kal, I updated my character. This is rough, but I was trying to elaborate the process of the souls to give them more validity to the game. Just tell me what you think.

Souls
Types
Blue (Magic)
Green (Power)
Red (Experience)
Yellow (Health)

Blue Souls: 10% of defeated foes shred a Blue Soul. These souls provide Samanosuke with the energy his gauntlet needs to unseal certain doors, or to power his most damaging attacks. 3 Blue souls can add 1d6 damage of the appropriate element to one attack, 6 Blue souls can add 2d6 damage, and 9 blue souls can add 3d6 damage. The most energy able to be held is 10 blue souls.

Green Souls: 5% of defeated creatures shred a green soul. If Samanosuke can absorb this soul (Full-Round Action), he adds one Green Soul to his Green Soul total. Five such souls are required in order for them to be of use to Samanosuke. If five souls are gathered, Samanosuke can activate a temporary protection from all but the strongest attacks. This protection lasts for one minute. Any outsider can absorb these souls, and if Samanosuke contests the creature's claim (both creatures spending a FRA to assimilate the soul), then they must compete in Willpower (Will Saves) to see who gains the soul. If an outsider absorbs such a soul, the outsider becomes a Half-Fiend or Half-Fire Elemental (whichever suits the creature better), and becomes insane with hatred for at least a minute, if not longer.

Red Souls: These souls are shred by defeated foes 100% of the time. These souls represent the actual value a creature's souls are worth. When an outsider is defeated, they always leave a number of these souls equal to the creature's hit dice. Only Samanosuke and Soul Eaters can suck up this energy. These accumulate into the Soul Guantlet, providing it with power that is necessary in order to transform items and increase the Gauntlet's affectiveness.

Yellow Souls: These souls are shred by 10% of defeated foes. When shred, these souls can be absorbed by Samanosuke or a Soul Eater. Grabbing a soul restores 1d8 hit points, unless the soul is large (25% chance) in which case it restores 4d8 hit points. These souls are not automatically absorbed, and require a full round action to be absorbed.

Associated Creatures
Soul Eaters

There are two types of Soul Eater. The first are the actual creatures, which look like blue floating blobs, covered with skull-like faces. The closest creature to this is the Caller in Darkness in the Psionics Handbook. The second type of Soul Eater is a Cerebelith like Demon, but these tend to be unique -with their own personality and attitude. Some of these Cerebelith bear Guantlets similar to Samanosuke's. A Soul Eater template may also be created, something similar to the ghost template, with the ability to absorb souls added. If a soul eater absorbs a soul, they can be freed by killing the devouring creature -but if the creature is not killed before it can flee by whatever means it has designed the souls cannot be recovered.

Creature types that shed souls: Undead, Outsiders, Elementals, and some Aberrations.

General Rules: All souls dissipate if not collected within 1 minute after being shed. Soul eaters or Samanosuke can absorb souls by spending a Full Round Action focusing. If a soul is contested by opposing forces, opposed Will Checks are made (Will saves) to see who absorbs the soul. The Will save of each being is reduced by 2 for every 30 feet of distance between the contesting members and the soul. So, a soul that is 60 feet from Samanosuke and 30 feet from a Caller in Darkness will reduce Samanosuke's save by 2. Creatures gain the same benefits of Samanosuke with the acception of the Green Soul, which can be absorbed by any creature which sheds souls. Green souls transform creatures that take them into themselves into Fire Elementals or Half-Fiends.

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
Actually, I've got a simpler interpretation now.

For Every HD defeated Samanosuke...
Gains 100 Soul Points
Regains 1 Hit Point
Regains 1 Magic Point

and for every enemy that shreds souls -there is a 5% chance that a green soul is shred.

Magic: Each sword has a magic meter (0-100). The swords start at 0, and for a certain amount of MP a magic attack can be performed as a full round action.

Electric (Katana)
10 mp - The sword must make a touch attack, and if it does it deals 2d6 Electric damage.
30 mp - The sword must make a touch attack, and if it hits it deals 4d6 electric damage, and 1d6 Electric damage to all targets (except Sam) within 5 feet of the struck creature.
50 mp - The sword must make a touch attack, and if it hits it deals 6d6 electric damage, and 2d6 Electric damage to all targets (except sam) within 5 feet of the struck creature.

Flame (Greatsword)
15 mp - The sword makes a 5-foot line of flame emenating for 30 feet in front of Samanosuke. 2d6 fire damage to targets, Reflex save (DC 10+Wisdom modifier) for half damage.
40 mp - The sword makes a 5 foot line of flame emenating for 45 feet in front of Samanosuke. 4d6 fire damage to targets, Reflex Save (DC 13+Wisdom modifier) for half damage.
65 mp - The sword makes a 10 foot line of flame emenating for 60 feet in front of Samanosuke. 6d6 fire damage to targets, Reflex Save (DC 15+Wisdom Modifier) for half damage.

Frost (Two Bladed Sword)
10 mp - The sword makes A 5 foot circle around Samanosuke, that causes 2d6 cold damage (Reflex save dc 10 + Wisdom Mod for half damage.)
25 mp - The sword makes a 10 foot circle around Sam, that causes 3d6 cold damage (reflex save dc 13 + wisdom for half).
45 mp - The sword makes a 15 foot circle around Sam, that causes 5d6 cold damage (reflex save dc 15 + wisdom Mod for half damage.)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads