• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Heroes of the Worlds OOC Thread

Dalamar

Adventurer
Unfortunately I won't propably be able to post at all untill next wednesday as my exam week starts. Kalanyr just make something nice up for Dalamar, okay?

reapersaurus

Explorer
hmm.. Althalus bought it, huh?
I wonder what he meant by "I dun like you anime types?"
Darkwolf said:
Filia cringes when she sees that Ash didn't take the hint to shut up.

"Ash, most women don't take too kindly to being called chicks. Please stop inserting your foot into your mouth before you cause us all to be hurt. As it is, if I handed my mace to the floating elf, she would probably bash you with it repeatedly."
Darkwolf (and others):
If you continue to call me on the way I am roleplaying Ash, I will either have to stop roleplaying him, or risk upsetting the Politically Correct anime characters by playing him true to his character.

Please don't go out of your way to take offense at the way Ash talks.
There are many anime series that put up with a loudmouthed, bragging-type character.
Has everyone seen Evil Dead/Army of Darkness?

Darkwolf

First Post
I'm not calling you on how you play....that is how Filia would react to you...

and no I haven't seen Army of Darkness/Evil Dead...

I have no problem with you playing Ash the way you are...If I didn't say something I would be out of character...

Tokiwong

First Post
just my thoughts and opinions but the player of Deedlit is coming off a bit too serious for Deedlit... more like Pirotess then Deedlit just my two cents... oh and Ash rocks...

Lol, Deedlit can get pretty ticked off, especially if she gets insulted. As an elf (of some nobility, princess or similar if I remember correctly-it was more hinted at than exact in the episodes I saw) she can be pretty haughty, she was more joking when a decently high charisma human (Parn), who she fell in love with, was around. I imagine that according to Deedlit's background, Parn leaves her for Sheris that her personality might be a bit more serious and angry.

Ash may be roleplaying pretty good but I have never seen the movies/series that he's from so I really can't tell, however his description states he is a leader figure, but he won't do so well as a leader figure with the way his mouth is pissing all of Kal's NPCs off ;)

reapersaurus

Explorer
Sollir Furryfoot said:
Ash may be roleplaying pretty good but I have never seen the movies/series that he's from so I really can't tell, however his description states he is a leader figure, but he won't do so well as a leader figure with the way his mouth is pissing all of Kal's NPCs off ;)
Oh.
My.
GOD.

2 gamers on the planet who haven't seen Evil Dead?! ;)

But seriously, I'm beginning to wonder now.
The next time you guys post in the OOC thread, could you guys say whether you've seen Evil Dead/Army of Dakness?

Because if not, than I don't see why I'd be going to the effort of working in all the sound clips and pictures from it.
To a fan (tokiwong could answer this), the clips instantly bust ME up.

But it is a pain, and I could stop doing it if no one in the thread knows the movies.
"Anime types".... hmmm..... *pondering what exactly that meant*

Sollir - Ash is a loud-mouthed braggart from the future that is sexist, American-ist, and quite dim.... yet everybody loves him, and he can get people to risk their lives by following him if he leads them in battle.
Granted, he's like the only PC in a world of commoners and Deadites (evil undead-things from the Book of the Dead, the Necronomicon), but ... *sheesh! LOL I seriously can't believe that gamers have not seen the movies! LOL *

tokiwong - thanks for the accolades - I THINK I've been nailing his character fairly accurately.
It's been a challenge trying to affect the scenes so that I can work in as many sound-clips as I can... :)

reapersaurus

Explorer
Kalanyr - I hope you aren't relying on Ash to willingly walk thu a magic tree that for all he knows has suckedered these saps (pun intended) into commiting suicide... ?

There's two motivations missing for him to walk thru the tree.
1) Grave danger on this side and a reasonable expectation that it's safer going thru the tree
2) Proof that the people that went thru the tree are OK and safe.

I don't want to have to play Ash as obsessed with hating magic as much as the Forsaker PrC lets on, but then again i don't want to ignore any roleplaying requirements you have, and it seems strange to me to have Ash just willingly follow along here, with no setup other than a fairy appearing in the forest and telling them to walk into a tree.
What do you think?

Kalanyr

Explorer
Sorry people, no hints here. Stay or go as you want, it may be the only way out, then again it may not.

Just waiting for creamsteak's choice now.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads