• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Heroes of the Worlds OOC Thread

reapersaurus

Explorer
I've statted out Ash as a first draft in the Rogue's Gallery thread.
Sorry it took me a bit to get to it - and making a 3E Ash was kinda hard! LOL
The only thing I could think of is making him VERY tough to hurt, scare, or affect with anything but hand-to-hand buffonery violence. :)
Thus, the SR and Forsaker class.

Any advice or opinions are welcome about my treatment.

And the only thing that doesn't work, IMO, is that dumb destroying magic items requirement of the Forsaker.
If it's OK, can we drop that role-playing restriction?
I think most people thought it was rather silly, and it doesn't make sense with Ash.

His '73 Olds (AKA the Deathcoaster) is in the cave where he crawled out of, after sleeping too long in the original ending to Army of Darkness.

Kalanyr

Explorer
I use a grid system to keep track of battles. The original grid I drew up looked like this :

A B C D E F
1_|_|_|_|_|_|
2_|_|_|_|_|_|
3_|_|_|_|_|_|
4_|_|_|_|_|_|
5_|_|_|_|_|_|
6_|_|_|_|_|_|
7_|_|_|_|_|_|
8_|_|_|_|_|_|

However some people have moved of my grid (or will soon) current grid positions of people and creatures are:
Athalus - B2
Deedlit- B3
Samanosuke-D4
Ash- C4
Blackmage-D3
Dalamar-E2
Yuna-F0
Fillia- 6 Squares up in F6 & F7 (Size L (Long))
The Beast- Hovering 6 squares up in square E5 and E6 (Size L(long))

Small Air Elemental- Hovering 6 Squares up E4 will remain for 5 more rounds.

Air Elemental Dire Bat 6 Squares up F0

Blackmages Flaming sphere (Square E5) has 4 rounds remaining.

Filia's Bulls Strength will last for 3 hours - 3round remaining.

I'll update this as it changes. (if it becomes necessary I will extend the grid). Each square represents 5ft x 5t square.

Also we have a IRC channel for In Search of Heroes on the Psionics.net network. The channel is #IR. Hope to see you there.

Last edited:

Deedlit

First Post
Can I replace spontaneous healing(Or any for that matter) with spontaneous summon monster? Deedlit having never healed, yet summoning quite often

Darkwolf

First Post
Reaper, this can be fun to roleplay out....but continue down the path you are following WILL get your character hurt by Filia....and it is in character to do so...and since Black Mage sees Filia as "White Mage" he will probably blast you also...

Your choice...

Last edited:

reapersaurus

Explorer
thanks for the warning - i just read it, after posting to the thread. :)

Ya, i think it would be fun to have all these legenary personalities come together, and perhaps even get on each other's nerves. :)

I'll take Fighter's role with Blackmage, if you think that's a good idea, where blackmage really wouldn't mind killing fighter all the time, desperately hoping he dies, but he needs him around for the muscle.

It seems kinda boring and unrealistic if we all just happily get along... how do you guys feel?

reapersaurus

Explorer
Kalanyr said:
OOC-You don't have to destroy magic items you just need to make an equivalent sacrifice in wealth. How you do it in character doesn't bother me. What does worry me is that an 18th level wizard can only hit you with his spells half the time, when you are 7th level. I begin to see why a hatred for magic is a requirement for that class.
cool - i thought that the PrC was getting at something really ridiculous : that a hater of magic would have to have a cache of magic items around him at all times, or he'd be less effective.

Do any of you have any ideas how Ash could give up money on a regular basis that would satisfy that requirement?

Ya - the 'no-magic' clause is huge.
That's a pretty stiff requirement.

It's funny - the SR of the Forsaker on it's own is incredibly pathetic (11 + Forsaker level).
But it is the only SR in the game that stacks.
And the only non-magical SR I know of is racial SR similar to the drow.
So combining the 2 seemed to me to be the only viable option for an effective, no-magic, man-displaced-in-time Ash.

The DR is just a side effect - representing his ability to shrug off the blows of non-powerful things.
But if it becomes too intrusive of a requirement that doesn't match the character concept, I'll just have Ash "Forsake" the ability.

ah he he.. *big wink*

open question:
are you guys running your characters as having full knowledge of the other's worlds?
It seems Deedlit knows about stuff in Althalus' world?
Unless we do that, won't there be a HECK of a lot of boring character discussion? :)

Dalamar

Adventurer
I haven't played that way. I must say that we could agree that after the beast is dead, everybody just told everything about eachother's world. That would be an easy solution.

Remove ads