• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Game Full] Revolution!

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
A few more questions answered...

Monster Zero - just post your chars in here for now. Once we get a few done and all the questions are answered, I'll set up a char thread in the Rogues Gallery for everyone to post their finished chars in.

garyh - I have more information available on Ryuchitoran and Windiar, though I don't have that much on Kolaita. Look at the .zip file I've included for word files on the two deities.

Last edited:

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Priest said:
Sometimes called a Zealot, other times a Fanatic of his Godess Rhiana ( or whatever Goddess of the Night, Fertility, and Music might be in your world. Rhiana is a quickly thought up Tripple Aspect Goddess of the Mother, the Crone, and the Maiden)

Here Domains are Night, Protection, Music, and Fertility
Alignment: NG
Favored Weapon: Shortsword, and Dagger, or Quarterstaff (as Crone)

There isn't a deity of the night, though there is a goddess of the two moons (Rashida). What you've got here for a deity is good, though, and I'll allow it.

All though as I was looking at the Archer class I came across the Shaman Core Class which fits my general character concept better for Govannon

Hmm... I'll allow it. However, none of the spells from the BoVD or Defenders of the Faith will be allowed, unless from another source - I don't have either book. Also, all the spells from the Dragon magazines other than 302, I don't have either.

Last edited:

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Looking forward to this one. I'm still planning on being an Archer with either human, dryad, or elf as the race. Leaning toward Dryad - just something neat about a dryad with a bow "We use these bones (deadwood arrows) to kill our foes."

Dryad is ECL +0 ? Are they just as in the MM (I'm asking about racial feats, etc.)?

Character in this spot soon.

dpdx

Explorer
Do we get to kill the Ashkians?

The time has come for me to play the PC I have longed to play, and this is the game to play him in: meet Padraic (pronounced Patrick) Fenn, human fighter, closely modeled after the insane Irish guy in "Braveheart." Padraic's mean with an axe. And he's nuts. I'll gen him up forthwith, and put his stats where they needs ta go.

I leave you all with Padraic's guiding philosophy, and his tortured grin: MY island!

See you in the world!

My first choice is a human bard aiming to a loremaster. But since there seems to be a loremaster in the group already, I can make a cleric of Ryuchitoran or a fighter instead, if the group needs those more.

dpdx

Explorer
Was: PER Question

(on edit: never mind - good thing it augments, or at least offsets my WIS penalty.)

Padraic is genned up - and the backstory's just about implied, but I'll add it anyway. Where do you want these?

Last edited:

Priest

First Post
Govannon as I have said earlier will be built upon the illusive person, or persons of Myth who incompany Talisien the Welsh Bard, Tristram the Indo-European Tragic Hero, and a few smaller leans as well of course as my own take on things.

The Rough ( I repeat) Rough outline of his history follows thus:

Govannon Thistlesong

As a 4 yr old boy he witnessed the murdering of his mother and the theft of his sibling Lilia at the hands of grey cloaked mercenaries. Orphaned and already whispered to be the child of his mother, by a local River demon Govannon found himself without the support of his mothers tribe, and without speaking to anyone Govannon the boy wanders off into the woodlands eventually to the river in search of his Demonic father, which as the case turns out is a River Spirit ( Unknown ideas as to what that may be) The Spirit reveals to him his Spirit Guide, a snow colored Raven, and awakens the shamantic powers within the boys mind .

At 7 Caught stealing food from the Gypsy clan Thistlesong, and raised mostly by the unruly gypsy woman Rhean who taught him to read, and to write, and the songs of her clan, and told him the stories of how poetry was given from the Goddess Rhiana for whom she was named.

At 18 tragedy again struck his life. Bandits along the road attacked and killed both Rhean, and the elderly Shellock Thistlesong the Clan father, and a fair portion of the Clan Thistlesong as well. In a moment of quick thought Govannon, with the help of Rhean’s daughter Rasha, escaped off into the dark forests with the infant Bjorn, and the four year old Miranda Thistlesong making there way eventually into the civilized town of Willowbend Mill where the group was boarded up at the Inn of the Golden Ray ( Owned by Granny Sinsa )

At 22 Govannon took residence at 201 Ballans Place, a hovel that he turned into a snug halfling hold for himself and his clan of three, by this time Rasha was pregnant with the couples son Gwydon . It is keeping the place that proves to be the problem. To keep the Hovel turned Halfling hold Govannon felt pressed to join the Caravans sending money, and letters home to his now devoted wife. And lighting some small amount of sage brush each night as a prayer that he will return to her once again with better offerings than his wage. (First chance he got he jumped caravans and joined an Adventuring party which brings us to his present

The Band of the Falcons Eye as his party calls themselves has been on the outs and outs with eachother after a failed dungeon crawl ( the place has been looted already) Govannon at 24 has been on the road for two years infrequently stopping home to warm his wifes spirits, and to bounce his suprisingly healthy 2 Yr old boy on his knee while reciting the tales of the dusty road. He is unhappy with the not so wise decisions made by the “leader” of the band and is looking elsewhere for a job that might lead him back towards Willowbend Mill.

Personality

Govannon's true name Gohass Eenon or "Wild Spirit" lends some to believe that he is a wild, and short tempered fellow when in fact he is slow to anger and is as unmovable as the passage of his Fathers River. But Just as a flood he builds up anger releasing it unexpectadly upon his foe in a devastating fashion.

As a poet he is glib tongued capable of wooing women with his silvery words, and can sometimes impact others with a simple phrase, or even sometimes a single word. And when one asks of his Shamantic beliefs he becomes cryptic, and mystical giving vague proverbs that carry large, and oft times sarcastic meanings aimed at the stupidity shown by dumb questions.

Sometimes Govannon spouts poetry haphazardly as if in a Prophetic trance, but even he has no idea as to what his literary gibberish mean.

Totem Feats

Raven [Totem]
You embody the spirit of Raven, your totem.
Prerequisite: Must be chosen as a 1st-level character, Cha 12+
Benefit: You get a +2 bonus to knowledge (Any 1), and a +2 to Spot, and Wilderness Lore checks. Shaman is your favored class (instead of the one offered by your race).

garyh

First Post
Howling Coyote said:
My first choice is a human bard aiming to a loremaster. But since there seems to be a loremaster in the group already, I can make a cleric of Ryuchitoran or a fighter instead, if the group needs those more.

That was me, HC, but I'm actually NOT going to be a loremaster, now that I realize there are no Wizards. Have at the Bard/Loremaster and enjoy! :)

Remove ads